Anyone want to go fishing? Western Oklahoma..

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by baptistpreach, Jul 16, 2007.

1. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I live in Weatherford, OK. I am fairly new to catfishing, and I would love to go with someone who can help me learn to catch them better. I have all kinds of lakes within about an hour I'd be happy to go to, and if anyone fishes Deer Creek... just say the word! I have a small 15ft fiberglass boat too, so please let me know!
    Thanks in advance!

(Ft. Cobb, Canton, Foss, Crowder, American Horse, Hefner, El Reno, and anything else I may have forgotten!) thanks!

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hi, David,

My husband Kevin and I are way over in the NE corner of the state, but I just wanted to say Hey :smile2: and Welcome to the BOC! Glad you've joined us :006:

Carolyn

3. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hi David,
    Glad that you joined. You will learn a lot from the fellow members. I have a fishing cabin at Canton Lake and after it cools down some I will yell at you and we'll give it a try at Canton and American Horse.
    Bill

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

5. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    That would be awesome! Let me know when you'd like to, and I'll do my best to make it happen. I met a retired game warden who told me the best fishing in Canton isn't in Canton, but in the rivers that feed it, have you ever heard that or fished there?

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

You can just leave my soul alone. Not that any of us have one per se. The book you are quoting does make for an entertaining read in places.

Sure was some strange stuff going on a couple thousand years ago. :tounge_out:

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    What? Have a nice day and GOD BLESS.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you know, David, your title line is one of the dumbest questions you could ask on the worlds premier fishing board:smile2:

WE ALL WANT TO GO FISHING! lol

no offense intended:big_smile:

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's an odd response, Darryl...did you somehow feel threatened by that?:eek:oooh:

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hey David, I'm game. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. Give me a buzz sometime if you wanna go fish. I don't know a whole lot about your local lakes up there, but I have accidentally caught some cats out of crowder while bass fishing with waterdogs. :roll_eyes:

Welcome to the BOC. If the fishing heats up down here at Lugert, you can come down here and we'll hit 'em here.

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    David, We can sure can try the river if you would like. I have waded it several times through the years and caught fish but not as many as I did in the lake itself. My old boat was a little big to go up the river very far but I do have a smaller one that I bought just for shallow water and the river so get ready and we'll wet a line together.
    Bill

12. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Aint nobody here messin with your soul, daryl... as for the "entertaing read in places"... accordin the the 'book'... you aint seen nuthin yet...

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Would you like a list of all the false messiahs that have come forth over the last two thousand years professing the end is nigh? LOL

Gets to be a little funny after a while if you study it enough.

Guess I shouldn't have started a religious battle on this forum.

Sure a whole mess of different gods out there and everyone thinks their way is the ONLY way? Sure a lot of wars fought over religion also (Catholics anyone?) Everyone fightin in the name of their particular god to help them slaughter the other side.

Hey wait....... their still doing that in the middle east.

Are we still gonna be preachin hell and high water in 4 thousand more years??????

14. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Now Darryl... let's not get this thread trashed...

We're all here because WE LOVE CATFISHING!

I'm thinkin about gettin up at ??:?? AM and meetin Phil and Catfishpat over at Eufaula dam.

Let's GO FISHIN!:0a24::happy:

15. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    whatever daryl...

16. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    besides... you couldn't list all of em... too numerous for even 'you' to list... but it's doubtful you'd include yourself in that list although you probably should...

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    What Dave???????

Look, I apologize. Didn't mean to trash the thread. We all have differing opinions on religion. It doesn't make me evil:hell_boy: to be a non-believer.

Lets just go Fishin'.

18. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    fair enough Darryl... there've always been some that believe and some that don't and like you said there are a lot of different gods people believe in... yep, the fishin sounds good!

19. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jeeze, glad you guys worked this out before it turned into a noodling thread. Har har har. :roll_eyes: Okay, bad joke. :wink:

20. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Don't worry, I cannot do anything to your soul, you must decide to accept or reject what Jesus did on the cross for you!

You are entitled to your belief, as I am mine! I do wish I can catch a cat as big as the one you have in your avatar! Have a great day!