Anyone want to go fishing tomorrow?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dan the Fisherman, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Looking for a fishing partner for tomorrow. Planning on going to Coffeen Lake. I am flexible though. My normal fishing partner has other obligations to fulfill tomorrow. Any takers?

2. The_Black_Cat

The_Black_Cat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I live near you!:crazy::sad2::angry::embarassed::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::tounge_out::cool2::big_smile::confused2::smile2:

3. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Me an a buddy are going there sunday morning. Good luck to you.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    good luck there buddy

5. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Well I didn't make it out to the lake. Started fixing this and that and it kept getting later and later. I had to change the ball out on the truck from 2" to 1 7/8". Well the threads were bad on the nut and the ball shaft wasn't looking real healthy. I made the trip to town and picked up a new one. I put it on and another quick fix it project popped up. It was starting sprinkle by now. Maybe next weekend!

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    what are you looking like this weekend dano,i think i might be able to make it i will let you know for sure goo ol coffeen buddy,its ready

7. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    It is on, I am ready, willing and the weather is going to be perfect.:big_smile:

8. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Wheres a good spot to bank fish durning the winter at coffeen guys? I have only been to that rock pier with the grill on the end of it and some other spots along that shore line. I'm dying for a day out on the water. Any help would be awsome, thanks guys.

9. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yea u were by the camp ground,it might be to cold there right now,you want to be in the hotditch,the hot ditch is a pretty good ways from where u are,but the water is up right now so when u go to bank fish it might be ruff,but i have fished from the bank alot fought alot of flatheads from bank,just hard to land them.the hot ditch is located on red ball trail,look for a place called carlock point.good luck.u will see the steam on the water then u know ur in the right place.

10. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Jake, Take the Red Ball Trail RD until you reach Tikki Trail. Turn on to Tikki Trail and follow it to Carlock point. There are better spots along the Red Ball Trail but is private land and you would need to get permission to get to the hot water ditch. You can stop at any ranger station at a state park and get information pamplet with a map of Coffeen Lake.

11. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    we are headed out in a little while,i hope we catch something over at least 40.tell u what this time last year we had 5 nice striper couple flatheads and a big channel.plus coffeen fired up there new stack so we will see if that pushes more current and heat,we will give a report sunday.and i hope its a good 1.

12. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Thanks guys, i'm gonna try it out this week. Good luck this weekend and let me know how yall do.

13. tbendz

tbendz New Member

State:
    illinois
    I'll be fishing on the bank on the south end, drift by and say hey! Tbendz

14. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    will be goin there this morn,they turned the hot water on again at coffeen

15. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    You guys been having any luck?

16. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    i think we gotta let the water warm a little more they just turned it back on,the top of the water in the hot ditch is 60 deg with steam,the bottom on water is like prolly 50 maybe in high 40s.give it a week they will be hitting right again,water is up as high as ive seen it yet,gonna take few days to get it warm again the bluegill and bass were bitting but cat fish was hard to get.im gonna give it until the first week in feb.