Anyone want to go fishing in Nebraska?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by douglas_413, May 13, 2006.

1. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have 5 days off starting the 15th through the 19th. I was just wandering if anyone wanted to get together and do some fishing. I am willing to travel a little to go so if anyone is interested let me know.

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    i would go right now if i could. here in texas on business, as you can see from tennessee. can't wait to get back out on the water. i am taking a weeks vacation when i return, end of this month. and looking forward to that. get out on the water and catch some fish for those of us who are currently landlocked!

3. whisker

whisker New Member

State:
    N.E. Nebrasky
    Where are you planning on fishing? The rain and cold fronts are keeping the water temps. at the lakes down up here in the n.e. corner of the state. I think they're releasing water up at Gavins this week too,... for the sturgeon spawn. I've never fished the river in high water or right after.:confused2: I was thinking of heading up the feeder creeks at Buckskin this week. Have you ever fished there?

4. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    No I have never fished at buckskin lake but hope to make it there later this year.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Douglas413. I fish the big missouri river up around Onawa Ia. Ihave a cabin up there, and I also drift fish Desoto bend for channels from my boat. this next week Im off also but Im stuck in the wifes kitchen putting in new walls and new tile floor but i would like to fish togather just pm me and we"ll set a date Im off on Sundays and weds. Bigcatman0816.

6. decker

decker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey douglas_413 are you a Police Officer in Lincoln?

7. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am a police Officer in Tekamah, NE about 45 minutes north of Omaha.

8. suddawg

suddawg New Member

9. decker

decker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was just wandering, becasue im applying for Lincoln PD. at the end of May.

10. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Just drove through there the other day picking up a boat motor in Oakland. I wish I could get out, but I started a new job recently and it's got me in the office almost 75hrs a week so far!

11. Bayou-Bill

Bayou-Bill New Member

State:
    Nebraska via Missouri
    Douglas 413

I'm new to the board and to the Omaha area. I'm a retired Police Officer from St. Louis Missouri and currently live in South West suburbs of Omaha.

I would enjoy getting together and wetting a hook whenever you have the time and are looking for a partner. My schedule is wide open through the middle of June, then open again after July 1st. (Wife and I will be out of Country.)

I haven't posted enough for me to send you a private message yet, I need ten posts.

Bill

12. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    were about nebraska do you live?

13. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    mudkat how old are you? just curious, i am 17. bayou-bill, where do you usually fish, from the sounds of it we dont live to far away from each other. i'm on the west side of omaha a few blocks away from scheels.

14. Bayou-Bill

Bayou-Bill New Member

State:
    Nebraska via Missouri
    fishinjunky,

I'm at about 168th & Harrison St. Have only been in Omaha two years. Getting settled into a new house, construction, and looking for all my equipment took some time. I'm finally settled in and have gotten back into wetting hooks.

I've been going down to Louisville SRA lately. I only live about three minutes from Wehrspann lake and about six minutes from lake Zorinsky. I intend to do some catfishing at Werspann next week.

Have you had any luck lately? Don't be bashful about sharing any fishing info.

15. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Hey guys!

Nice to see some other Omaha folks in here. I'm up off Ames near 72nd.
    I used to fish in Cunningham a lot. I've been fishing down in Zorinsky lately. I plan to get out quite a bit this coming weekend. I've had good luck at Lousville in the past, the fish my avatar came from Louisville a couple years back.

16. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'll be back from my deployment the end of August. Hope to see ya'll around town. later

SudDawg

17. Bayou-Bill

Bayou-Bill New Member

State:
    Nebraska via Missouri
    SudDawg

You cover your 6 until then, and make sure to give all us Omahans a shout when you get back.

18. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Im up in Sioux City, about 1.5 hours north of Omaha. Anyone wants to come up here get a hold of me. We can do some shore fishing or if you got a boat I got some spots for some channel.

-Bill

19. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    bayou-bill I have hit up the missourri and the platte a few times this year and various other lakes with minimal success. i'm starting to get frustrated but can't catch them all the time. if you ever want to go sometime just give me a hollar, i kinda need a fishing buddy it gets kinda boring when your out by yourself all the time.

20. Bayou-Bill

Bayou-Bill New Member

State:
    Nebraska via Missouri
    fishingjunky,

Currently have a lot on my plate with this trip coming up at the end of the month. Once I get back, perhaps we Omahans can organize a get together for all those interested.

Later,

Bill