Anyone want to fish the Neuse in goldsboro this weekend?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 9, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Anyone that is familiar with that area going this weekend that can fit one more or wants to go on my boat? my boat is 16ft but not very wide. I got 5 setups to use. If someone has a spot open on their boat, i can help pay for gas and bring some rods or if someone wants to do the same with me, let me know. Only thing is, i live in greenville and i'll have to haul my boat to goldsboro but ive been wanting to fish there for a while and this weekend is a perfect time for me to go finally. Im tired of the Tar! I havent found any big cats in there yet.

2. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    What night were you thinking about going there? Me and a buddy were talking about going to Kinston this weekend but it looks like it might not work out for him. Also, what ramp were you thinking about putting in at in Goldsboro?

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    I was actually thinking about going in the morning and fishing during the day. Im talking about the boat access right off of hw 117 by EZ bait shop. I went to kinston Sunday night and couldnt get a bite. But i think i went in the wrong area. Where you planning on going in a boat or bank fishing??

4. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I am planning on launching a canoe at the boat ramp right by town. Haven't been there before and am hopping the current is not too bad for a canoe. Have been asking around but haven't gotten an answer on the current. We have a trolling motor for the canoe so it will go a bit faster than just paddling.

5. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Also, what is the flathead fishing like during the day? We always fish through the night.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I live 20 minutes from Goldsboro. Not far from Bentonville.
    It's surf fishing season hoss.
    Don't play in the mud too long and miss the real fishing.:wink:
    Aint a thing in that river got nothing on a 45 pound red drum.

Yee haw.

7. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Me and CatfishWillie went out on 7 springs last night and got skunked. We had good bait, good current, good weather, good structure, deep water, and the fish finder went nuts. No fish in the boat. We also had some boat troubles on our way in. LoL. But all in all, had a good time chillin' on the water with Will. Maybe next time.

8. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    dont feel to bad we got skunked down in elizabethtown at lock 2:angry:

9. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    Boat troubles on the way in and almost on the way out. HA! :crazy:

No fish but i had an awesome time. Waitin on some more water in the river. Its dangerously shallow throughout till you get to a good spot.

10. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yeah guys may want to watch the water level out there rain later in week but prob not enough to change anything . if you go to the usgs nc site and click on the streamflow and it can give you alot of river levels if goldsboro is below 4 or so got to be super careful many times during low levels trees that fall lay across river and dont go nowhere blocking you from going any further unless in canoe i have heard of two or three out there in the river right now good luck

11. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    river levels will be going down further as they are cutting back releases from Falls Lake

12. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    I dont see how it can possibly get any lower! there are sandbars sticking up in the middle of the river! :crazy: