Anyone want to fish conawingo Res.?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by great pappy cat, Aug 13, 2009.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I mentioned this in another thread but, I thought I'd start one to see if any members or lurkers would be interested. Its been fun fishing the PA trail this year but we are in need of more participation. Its inexpensive to enter and the competition takes the fun to another level. Bank fishing is permited as long as you dont drive to you're spot from the launch. The fish must be released alive or they don't count. I hope to meet a few people from the BOC at this one.

2009 Pennsylvaina Tournament trail

Date: Sat August 29 2009 7 pm to 7 am

Susquehanna River, Peachbottom ramp

Entry Fee $40 per Team

Optional Bigfish Pot $10 per team

2. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I will consider the drive back to PA to pick up my boat and then the drive there if I can then follow you around for the night :wink:. I would love to enter. Im a little far away, and have never caught a susky flat yet, so I think I am out. Get a flathead tourney for the three rivers together and I will pick up a partner, and definetely be there (as long as its a weekend)! :big_smile::smile2:

3. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    With the increaseing catfishing popularity Ive been seeing lately on the susky. I hope to see some new faces. Its good comradery with my kinda people catfisherman:cool2: :big_smile:.

4. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I'm working on a dedicated catfishin boat but she's not ready yet. Count me in on those tournaments next year.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I would Joe but my mom is visiting that weekend. there is a tourney on the Delaware next month I am going to do. Entry for that one is $100 per boat and $10 for the lunker. 1st place $4500, 2nd place $2000, 3rd place $1000. That is based on a 100 boat feild. I think last year 1st got $5000. I still don't have anyone to fish with in that one yet. YOu are allowed 4 guys on the boat.

6. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    I told you I would fish these in aprill. I never heard from you? Thats a nice payout:cool2:. Split 4 ways not nearly as much:wink:. Count me in.

7. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    You dont need an extravagent boat. There will be boats as small as 1648 there. You can buy a duck decoy bag to keep them alive. I think they will be selling them at the ramp before the tournament.

8. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    The tourney is Sept. 26. Channels only though. I guess they are affraid of the Flatheads? It is on the same day as the Goldsboro tourny. next month.

9. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I think there is a tourny next weekend on the Skuke. Top payout is $1000 from what I hear. Channels only for the money and the biggest Flathead wins a rod and reel.

10. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    I busted my butt for bait in the rain today.Plenty of Greens, rockbass and longears!! Shane had to back out at the last minuite. I thought I'd be fishin this 1 alone. Luckily, I managed to find someone sick enough to fish an all nighter in the rain with me. Thanks ken:cool2:, Lets go get em The flattys are afraid ..they are very afraid.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/greatpappycat/2009fishpictures509.jpg
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/greatpappycat/2009fishpictures526.jpg
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/greatpappycat/2009fishpictures526.jpg
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/greatpappycat/2009fishpictures512.jpg
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/greatpappycat/2009fishpictures484.jpg

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good luck you guys, i'm sure you'll do good, i don't think the weather is gonna be as bad as it was today

12. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone here fish with a guy named Brandon on the Conowingo pond that put in/out at Muddy Creek?

13. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    any one hear how Joseph and Ken did in the tourney?

14. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    11 boats showed up. We placed 7th :embarassed:. We weghed in a limit but the big fish eluded us. Oh well.. we tryed. I had fun any ways. Ive had 4 trips to conowingo res. and Im yet to catch a fish in the teens. We'll get em next time Ken. Thanks for fishin with me on such short notice. Shane said hes comin to the skuke the weekend after next. We may finaly get to fish the mouth of the skuke in my boat. Never did see them charts

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    congrats on getting a limit fellas. its hard to get those kicker fish sometimes. but hey you can't win a tourney unless your out there and i bet you learned some things too. good luck next time.

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Way to represent!:cool2:

17. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Thanks guys. It was deff. some tough water to fish. I never fished there before so that made it a little rough, but we had a game plan that sounded good and we stuck to it, but like Joe said the biggins were hard to find. The water was like 50'+ 2 feet from shore and there were spots that were well over 100'. O'well though, I still had fun. Thanks for invite Joe and Congrats on getting Angler of the Year for Pa. Go kick some butt in the championship Joe.

18. Reps for giving it your best shot, and testing new waters bro.:roll_eyes:

Thanks for the report and welcome home.:wink:

19. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Damn. I wish I would have known about this event sooner. I know the river very well from Holtwood to the Peach Bottom nuke plant. I could have let some of you out-of-towners know where the good structure, and the good cat holes are. All of them are accessible by boat only. I know of at least three right off the top of my head. Maybe I could be a guide next time? :smile2: