Anyone Wanna Hit Hit Dillon For Some Shad?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 13, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone wanna possibly meet up rain or shine tomorrow morning to throw-net some shad? I am considering making a run over there. Be glad to meet up with a brother or two....rollo

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good luck to ya if ya go. I haven't had much luck with finding them yet this year. Have found some real nice saugeye in the net though. lol. Looks like the spillway will be open pretty good tomorrow.

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Will you be netting those for Jack (flathunter):wink::smile2: or is he going to meet you up there to give you the reels:wink::smile2::smile2:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wanting to keep a few alive, he would probably axe em. lol.. As for the reels, I can be there anytime for some freebee reels! :eek:oooh: rollo

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Jason, you know the spillway better than anyone.. Worth the trip or not? How bout the pond and river? rollo

6. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The spillway right now would be a no go. Pumping it out pretty good now plus with the rain today I'm sure they will crack it open even more by morning. I haven't tried too much below the spillway yet but you may be able to find some there. Last time I was out there looking there was some starting up into the spillway so there is a chance with the water up they may be holding down further.

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I agree, too much rain.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Those shad don't go far. If you can't get in the spillway try behind the wing although it is usually chock full of gill (unknown since the rebuild). If not there then the pond holds some then try the poin where the pond empties to the river. When it is really high try between the pond and the spillway where it comes up to the tube under the road. If that fails launch the boat and try the area directly across from the 146 boat ramp just down from the sailboats docks. If that fails tuck your tail and go home cause the water is just too dang high!

9. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks Shawn,Good to hear from ya Brother.

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I forgot to say, shad hunting there is like deer hunting. Look for sign.... birds, boils, and tail flips. They seem to hang tight together wherever they are. High water can be a blast. One throw and you sometimes have trouble getting the net back it is so full, 5 gallon bucket a throw.... man I need to get out there!

11. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Catfishrolo,
    How did you do for shad? I woek in Zanesville next to the AirPort and would be happy to meet you after work and toss the nets.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    How is the Dam today, I may be there later this evening with Family. If its too bad then we will fish the lake by the marina off of 146

13. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good luck to you guys gary, It sure is a nice day to be out!