Anyone wanna go?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by DANNYfrmINDY, May 6, 2009.

1. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I know this is short notice, but i am seeing if anyone wants to hit the White river this morning. I'm going out after i get off work. I'm also located down in Martinsville and i'm willing to drive a little bit. If not i can be found at the IPL dam off of S.R.67 just north of Martinsville.

I'll check the post before I go out. I'll be leaving the house at 8:30-8:45ish. If anything I'll have a report the section when i get back.

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Check my "weekdays off" or "weekdays off for Patoka" under lakes/res.
    I'd like to try the river just outside of seymore.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh man... Workin' that graveyard shift eh?
    Did you do any good today? The rivers up, then down, then up, then down, then... and this still cool water makes a Pylodictis olivaris bite kinda hard to get right now.

4. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana

Yeah I've been doing this Thirds thing for a little over a year now. As far as the fishing today, I got 3 channels and about 15 brown bullheads. The channels were little(2 to 3 pounds) and the bullheads just pissed me off. All were under 12 inches. I caught everything on nightcralwers. I was trying to get some gills and the bullheads were just to thick. The rivers is going down but the flats were still soft and I couldn't get where I wanted to.

Hopefully I can get back out this weekend inbetween the rain and get me some bait or I'll just start chunking up the darn bullheads.

If anybody wants to meet up this weekend shoot me a PM, or post back here.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey- I'll take you up on that if I can- and I wouldn't mind stocking up on some bull heads either- I can't ever find them.

6. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Danny, that sounds like great bait opportunity! I've never used them but I've heard the flatties love a nice bullhead...plus the can live FOREVER on a hook!!!

7. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Yeah guys feel free to come on down anytime you feel like it. Shoot me a PM and i'll give you number.

Here is a link to google maps where it's at. It's about 10 miles south of Mooresville on S.R. 67 at the IPL dam. The bullheads are thick in the creek(Sycamore creek) all the way up to the river. As of right now I don't have any way to keep them alive so I'm catching them when i'm out there and keeping them in a wire basket in the water. There is parking along side of the highway and paths to different areas on the river right there.

A dozen nightcrawlers and your set. Like i said i caught about 15 in a little under an hour trying for some gills. I wanted gills so i could chunk'em up and try for some nice channels.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...32641&sspn=0.011062,0.017853&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you want nice channels Danny just go get you some shrimp.. Its a little expencive for bait, but you throw it on a 7/0 or 8/0 gamma circle your set. just tight line and wait for them to load up and bring'em in.. I may have to come on down.. Im hopeing the rain isnt whats predicted and the river goes back down.. Im gonna show RiverBuggy4x4 how to get those wipers out of there.. Man they are fun..

9. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Sounds like i got something new to try.

If you and riverbuggy come down let me know. Buggy has my phone number and the days i work so we can try to work something out.

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds good... That creek there at the IPL Dam has somemonster Bowfin... They are some mean fish when you walk right up to them.. Im sure its loaded with channels right now too... I will get ahold of river buggy In the am and see whats up..

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've just sent Danny my cell# & a date for the 18th. I hope we can get together then.

12. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tell you guys what...I'm off work on Tuesday the 12th...I'll drive down in the morning...who's in? Shane, Tony, Danny?

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    The 12th is fine with me & we'll need to get in tounch with drpepper.

14. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    DrP is wanting to go too? Man this is going to be a hoot if all of us show up, lol.

15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I just hope that river goes down... But the 12th sounds fine.. sounds fun

16. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well well.... i might just have to catch a ride that way myself.. sounds fun.. everyone going to IPL dam by 39 right?

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Yup thats what it sounds like.....

18. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    shane ill give you a call... holly might not let me drive all the way down there.. car is actin up and i aint got a license.. i might have to meet you in camby or something..

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow! Sounds like a bunch of trouble comin' down into my neck of the woods... Wish I could join in fellas- but I'll be workin' at that time.:sad2:
    If your still out there when I get home, I want to come see ya'll though.

Good luck guys- hope the water is good for ya... have fun, don't forget your cameras- and LIE like a dog about where you catch the fish:wink:

20. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I guess it is Danny's call. I need some good directions, date & time please!