Anyone using the chatterbait?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by flathead_ky, Mar 17, 2007.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was watching B.A.S.S. the other day and it seems that there is a big hype about the chatterbait. Its a jig with a blade that you fish different ways (jigging, swimming it, even topwater) Has anyone used this and have you had any luck with it?

2. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Some of my buddy's had luck with it last year. I bought a few of different sizes and colors. Gonna try it out this year.

3. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    i own two never got them out of the package yet

4. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just got one and tried it in my creek just to see how it worked. seemed pretty cool, but we still got some ice here so it'll be a while before I can use it here.

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont think they work as good as they say they do but ive caught a few fish with them. They seem to work alright. I think it works similar to a spinner bait. Give it a try you might have some luck with it.

6. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I bought a couple last year. They generate strikes but alot of fish come unbuttoned. I don't like the hooks. The finish came off the hooks of both baits I bought. This year I saw Booyah has a version out. I got a couple of each size. They have a smaller 1/4 oz That I think will work well. The hooks are much better quality.I love Booyah spinner baits and think these will work well in simular conditions.

7. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    what is a chatter bait

8. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
  9. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I got a couple of the Booyahs too. I even got one made by Strike King because it has a twin tail trailer with it. I think there are about 5 or so different companies making this kind of bait.

10. LITTLE FISH

LITTLE FISH New Member

State:
    New Paris, Ohio
    I never used them befor so i might have to try them some time