Anyone Using Beef Liver??

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by fishinpals, Jul 26, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I have used beef liver and caught some nice channels but chicken liver seems to catch more channels. Have caught 100's of bullhead on beef liver. Like the way it stays on the hook. Anyone else using it with success??

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    From what I've found from personal use is that chicken liver out fishes beef and turkey liver. I was told that both of them have an enzyme that catfish don't like but will eat if that's all that's there. I've dumped a lot of beef and turkey in the lake at the end of the night after I ran out of chicken liver and the bite quit right when I ran out of chicken liver for some reason.

3. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    The beef doesn't get as many bites has the chicken, but the beef stays on alot better, and i get more beef liver for less money.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I've tried it but so far have not had one bite. of course this year I haven't had many bites on anything at all. So I can't really judge it at this point.Does stay on good though.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I dont understand why but ive never had much luck on beef liver.

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I'm Joining The Bandwagon, Never Had Much Sucess On Beef Liver Either, Been Using Chicken Fat, Works Real Well & Stays On Better Than The Livers, HTH Elliot

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

never had any good luck with beef liver i have had better luck with chicken skin marinated in garlic and frozen until I needed it than beef liver.

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    All I've caught on beef liver is bullheads .
    Brian

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Use to in the past I have had great success with Beef and Turkey livers so much so that at one time you'd never catch me with out it.But this year it hasn't mattered what I have used I can't get the fish to bite. And I love to fish so much that it's upsetting me!!!:crazy: :sad2:

10. STEVECAT

STEVECAT New Member

State:
    Huron Oh
    I only use beef livers when I set turtle lines (keeps the chanel cat off em )

11. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Early in the year, in March I did prety good on beef liver on channel cat. In the 1960's my dad jug fished the Mississppi and they always used beef liver, but with a twist. He would have my mom get red fabric dye and dye the liver red before using it. They would catch a lot of blues up to 30#. Has anyone else ever heard of this. I have never tried this, but I know it used to work.

12. Works good on trot lines...keeyaawww dat is fun

13. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've not had any luck with beef or pork liver, but several people on this thread seem to think it's pretty good stuff. May have to try it again.

Have a nice day.

14. ko1featherweigh

ko1featherweigh New Member

State:
    newark,cal
    about a week ago i used some half cooked pork liver it was frozen so i threw it in to the microwave to defrost it and som of it cooked i hooked it threw the cooked part and i got som 3-4lbers but its been a while since ive used chicken

-ron

15. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    ive used beef livers a few times, its great the way they stay on the hook, but ive never really had good luck on em, just small cats...