anyone used these swivels?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by nitemare_63, Sep 27, 2009.

1. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    has anyone used the spro barrel swivel from catfish connections
    OUR STOCK NUMBERSPSBF04
    i have tried the McMahon barrel swivels and they dont hold up like i think they should compared to their rating. i need a tough barrel swivel but cheap so if you have not used the spro swivel then can you suggest any others.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I use the #2 spro power swivel rated for 230 lbs. I've never had any problems with this swivel. Remember the true test of a swivel is will it spin freely under a load, and this swivel will.

3. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I use spro 230 lb rated swivels they work great I also use there 3 ways to I have come to this conclusion if it has spro written on it it will be good

4. Thad

Thad New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Spro is the way to go.
    I use them from panfish to offshore fishing- never a problem.

5. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    SPRO are great swivels. I use size 5 and have not had any problems at all.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Spro #4 is a 130# test rating. Their great swivels and will serve you well. CC has them in 50 packs also.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    SPRO are great swivels. I use #2 rated for 230 lbs. and have not had any problems at all.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use spro swivels, they are great!

9. ilovesharinfoo

ilovesharinfoo New Member

State:
    PA
    I am coming in a little late here, but I have used various SPRO swivels too, both barrel and 3 ways. I haven't had any issues with them at all. They have a nice, very durable finish and certainly seem to live up to their test ratings also.

Lately I have been using the Rosco barrel swivels that Catfish COnnection sells. I like the 2/0 size, which is rated at 225lbs. They are pretty cheap and seem to be holding up very well. They are pretty big, but I am still catching fish with 'em, so I don't think they care :tounge_out:

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i use the spro #2 3-way swivel rated at 70# and have never had one broken. i use a 50# braided mainline and 50# mono leader. always breaks the line and not the swivel. can't go wrong with spros.

11. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use both spro and mcmahon. The spros seem to be made better but the mcmahon's seem to have better action and are a little smoother. I have never broke either. Both are cheap and both do the trick. I would like to see someone break a 200 pd test swivel before the line or rod gives out. Just don't use the cheap barrel's they will break. There is a reason they do not have a rating.

12. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    im glad this came up im in the market for some new swivels has any one use the offshore angler barrel swivles double xx strong?

13. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    In pretty much use inexspensive swivels from Cabela's. I've never had one break even when pulling free a snag with 65# line. They work for me and they cost a lot less. I use the basic swivel without bearing. I just don't see the need to have a bearing swivel nor a 130# test when the highest test line i have is 65#. JMO

14. DEWAYNE

DEWAYNE New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    got to agree with the rest have tried numerous styles and sizes of swivels over the years and spro is by far the best ones out there they are incredibly strong and inexpensive the old adage you get what you pay for doesnt apply to theses swivels want an even stronger swivel try their heavy duty swivels and drag those cats across the water like a surfboard

15. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken