Anyone used the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Record?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by FordTruckGuySTX, May 8, 2006.

1. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    Just wondering opinions i'm thinkin of buyin one.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Matt, I don't have one, but I believe about the only main difference is the record reel has the new carbon matrix drag system that is supposed to hold up much better than the old style. Also their styling is a little different. They cost a little more than the original style also. You might already know about this stuff, but I thought it might help anyway.

3. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Abu put the new carbon matrix drag in the C3 and C4 for sure, and I think most of their other reels for 2006. They also updated them with a new spool.

I don't have the Record, but it looks like a nice reel. I played with one at Cabela's and it's quite a bit smoother than the C3.

4. Justin

Justin New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We are getting ready to buy my dad a Abu Record for his next birthday. He holds the Oklahoma Rod and Reel Record for flathead with a 72.5# flathead. So I thought it was only right that he should have a Abu Record!:big_smile:

5. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I have an Abu Record RCN60HC. It has only been out on one trip so far, and its first fish was a 58# spoonie hooked in the tail (see my avatar pic). It landed the fish flawlessly and had more to give, so I would put it up against any cat or spoonie.

In addition to the carbon matrix drag mentioned, it also differs from other Abu's in its class by having 6 bearings and their new "Sensi-BrakeTM spool bearing for unmatched smoothness and sensitivity during the retrieve."

It is a sweet reel and I hope to add another some day.

6. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I have a feeling I will be getting the rcn61hc in the very near future, i've been finding great reviews and it seems to smooth in person.