Anyone use titanium leaders?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by King of the Shad, Nov 17, 2006.

1. King of the Shad

King of the Shad New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was thinking about buying a few of them. If you have used them tell me what you think about them.

2. Catfish Killer

Catfish Killer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I have used titanium leaders. If you need to keep your leaders thin and strong then that's what you want, but if you don't need to go with thin wire then I highly suggest you make your own steel leaders. Here is my reasoning for that. For $25.00 you usually get three titanium leaders. For the same price you can make around 80, twelve inch, 90 LB leaders, or around 160, six inch, leader. I have included pic's to show you how I make them, and a few variations of leaders I make. I know its not rocket science, but I was bord lol. I suggest if you use crimps like I do get plastic coated wire, if not the ends of the wire will fray and can stick your fingers. I used my homemade leaders all summer with no problems. I use 80 LB spider. If I would get a snag the line always broke before the leader. I also don't use crimpers to crimp, because I feel if you use something that will crimp over a larger area you are less likely to crimp so deep that you damage the wire, although it will take more pressure to crimp this way. I only show pic's on how I do one end because you would do the other end the same as the first. Titanium leaders are great but extremely expensive. Good luck, I hope this helps you.

Attached Files:

3. Catfish Killer

State:
    Pa.
    Leader step 3 4 5

Attached Files:

4. Catfish Killer

State:
    Pa.
    Finished leader and and diferent variations I make

Attached Files:

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just askin what do ya need the leaders for?

6. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thanks for the helpful info