Anyone use these ??

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by brian88b, Jan 2, 2010.

1. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    I know Monster Rod holders are obviously great and talk of the town round here but Im a poor boy on a slim budget, lol. Me and my buddy stacy502 on here are transforming a bass tracker into a cat tracker for this year and we saw these tite-loc rod holders and stands that would mount perfect on the sides of the motor without having to build a "bar". I'm a little leary of not the mounts but the "set screws" that can be loosened to slide them out of the mounts so you can cover the boat or for storage. They had them at a shop we were at friday for $100 each brand new. Base with stand approx 2 foot tall with approx 2 foot wide bar with four tite lock rod holders on them that were adjustable to four different angles left to right on each rod holder and each holder adjustable up and down for different rod angles. They have them on the tite-loc website for $178 a piece except the ones on the site are low the vertical pipe on stand is only about 4" as opposed to the 2 ft ones we saw. Again my concern is with strength of the set screws on the mount not the mount itself . Any Feedback ?????

They were these except about 2 feet tall from base to rod holders tite-lok brand sticker on bottom of pole above mount. Seems like a great deal to me just worried about strength.
    http://www.titelok.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_21_28&products_id=64

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Go for it Brian. Titelok is one of are great sponsers for the BOC/USCA. All I have heard is good feed back on them. Check out my album pics. I transformed a LOWE bass boat into a full time kat boat.

3. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Thats a "SWEET" set up Philips. Man you got enough rod holders on that thing, lol. You tested it to see if it still floats after putting all them on:eek:oooh: LOL :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    My avatar says they work. That was the second trip in the new to me boat.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    There isnt anything wrong with them . For the price of them at $175.69 in the link you posted . I would say you could get a great deal of Monsters for that price , but like I said aint nothing wrong with the ones you are looking at . Not everyone uses monsters :wink:

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Hell of a job on the boat man !!!! I am redoing my 18 foot flat bottom and hope it comes out looking good .

7. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Yeah catfisherman369 thats what we were planning on was monsters but man with the tite-loks we found at $100 each thats 8 Fully adjustable rod holders 4 on each stand for $200. And we wont have to build a "bar" or anything Bolt on two mounts and were ready to rock. I dont know why they are $178 on there website when bass pro has the tall ones that I would guess would cost more for just $100 each no sale either.

8. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Wow thats the kind of set up I wanted to do on my boat when I get it with 3 on each side of the motor. For $200 that would be alot cheaper than me buying 6 Rod Holders and getting the rack built.

9. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i own a set of them don't waste your money,the set screw won't stay tight they do not work smooth they are kinda weak i would never buy another product from them thats just my opinon when i first got mine they had to be worked on to stablize them i pm julie to help but i was told they had no plans to improve them i was left on my own

10. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Brian,
    You might PM Johnny...aka 777. He has a bunch of TiteLoc rod holders on his boat. They really work well for him. I adjusts them in all positions and I don't think have had any problems with them. If anyone would know, he would.

11. Julie - Tite Lok

Julie - Tite Lok New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I believe you have the old style of rod holder rig that we have discontinued. Yes, we are not improving that particular set up b/c it's discontinued. If you are not happy with it, I would be more than happy to sell you a base 5840 or 5841 for a discount price. Please shoot me an email @ julieb@titelok.com
    I don't want you being unhappy

12. Julie - Tite Lok

Julie - Tite Lok New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello,
    We price our website higher than our distributors b/c we try to push sales through them. it's our way of supporting the distributors we have....however I do know not all stores carry each of our products.
    If you purchase the 5760-610-4 and you don't like it, contact me and we'll go from there. I know Eric and many others are using our set ups with no problems.

800-848-3565 x 112
    Thanks for looking at our products!
    Julie