Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinkin bout getting a couple new rods, one of my buddys thats a guide at warsaw recomended surge rods, just wondering if any of u guys had any opinions. wanting some around the 7 or 8 foot range for boat fishing.

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Surge is prob the best rod Ive ever owned (Thanks Jim W) there 7'10 MH is Awspme.Lots a backbone and a soft enough tip to let ya see what yer live baits doing. there hard to find used But from what i have seen worth the price new.

· Registered
52 Posts
I own plenty of surge rods and have fished them since they came out. They have been the best rod i have fished with. The medium heavy is able to handle just about any type of fishing you want with the soft tip and the stiff back bone. If you are going to fish heavy current the elite series can handle just about any thing you put it in with alittle stiffer tip.

In my opinion they are the best rod on the market.....

· Registered
52 Posts
Tombstone Tackle in Columbia MO. Adam runs the shop and the phone # is 573-874-2277

I know he is sold out and is waiting on getting more in. If you are closer to KC i will be getting about 20 in stock and sell them for him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.