Anyone use "Real Magic" line spray ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by kyron4, Jan 14, 2007.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does Blakemore's Real magic line spray work to reduce memory in 20# mono ? -Thanks

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    can't say as far as memory goes but I do keep a can in my tackle box. When on the water using baitcasters, if one starts to stick or gets some grim in it, it helps smooth it out for a temp quick fix. Also seems to help fighting backlash on a windy day.
    Low memory is one of the reasons I use Ande line for my mainline.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've never even heard of it. I'm going to keep a close eye on this post, if the feedback looks good, I'll go find some.

4. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    That is what I oil all my reels with. It does not have all that greasy build up that WD4O has. Yeh it cost a little more but you pay for what you get. I also think it help reduce backlashes. Do not know if there is any truth to that but. I think so. You can get it at Wally World for 5$

5. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    I don't put it all over the reel like some do. I mostly use it in the winter, spraying on the line guides to keep them from icing up when casting grub jigs for saugeye. I do spray it on the line roller on the spinning reel for the same purpose. It's not perfect, and you need to reapply every so often, but it does seem to keep the ice from forming in big chunks.

I have no idea how it works for reducing line memory. It appears to be a silicone product.

Dennis

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I use it on my reels before and after each trip, but i don't use it on the line. I am concerned about the smell possibly trowing of the catfish.

7. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    It is odor less. it smells when you first put it on. Put once it gets on the line it does not smell at all. SMOOTH AS SILK. To Me it makes your line as good as new.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And I appreciate all the comments that I have read.Just another reason why I love the BOC.:big_smile:

9. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Good stuff,keeps reel working smooth and prolongs life of mono line.It does seem to help with the back lash problem also.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I use "Blackmore's Reel Magic" all of the time, and it will help on your casting & the memory build-up on your "Ba$$ Fishing Gear". I even use it on some of my "Spinnerbait Blades" and landed fish right after doing so. :big_smile:

After using it on my "Catfishing Gear", I always let in sit for about a minute or two before I cast my Bait back into the water, with the thicker line, it may take a little bit longer to coat all of the line on your spool, but you will cast better after you use it.
    :0a26:

Take it easy fellows,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bert, Blakemore changed the name to Real Magic. Seems people have found as many uses for the stuff as WD40 and they wanted to appeal to a broader customer base. Good stuff, has UV protection.

12. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i use it and i think its good stuff

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Had never heard of it ,but will check it out for sure. I don't like useing WD40 for anything that goes into the water.Thanks for the info.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike I've used Reel Magic for years. I use it on the reel, rod guides, and yes on the line.It does help with stiffines and memory. It has never caused a problem and I don't feel it affects the fish at all. I always carry it.:0a26: :0a23:

15. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Look for REAL Magic, not REEl Magic, change of name, seme product.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Thanks for pointing that out to me Jerry :big_smile: .
    :0a31:

Take it easy Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

17. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    I have used it on spinning reels when I first spooled up. It seemed to reduce the line twist on the first casts and the line seemed more supple and easier to cast. Try it.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have used often works well for me!

19. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I have used Topsgtlawrence's while out fishing and liked the result, better casting distance for sure. I picked up a can made from Penn. Im sure Its probably the same stuff.

20. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I love it. I feel it makes my line "behave" and does wonders for the reel.