Anyone use bait enhancers?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JBrooks, Aug 23, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Came across a place that sells attractants. One of the items they sell claims to be pure shad oils.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed any increase in interest from fish using something like this.

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I make my own. I wouldn't waste you money on them sprays. They never have worked for me. But you can simply make your own that will work great.

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i think it a waste of money you spray stuff on your bait and it just washes off when it hits the water as i see it it does nothing

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Skipjack IMO are oily enough.. Would be Ok for live shad and what not.:wink:

5. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It isn't a spray, it has a ball at the top, sort of like chap stick or whatever. Roll-on.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nothing better then tossing good money away for the most part.

7. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    For me, depends on what I'm fishing for. Catfishing, what ever bait I'm using is putting out it's own smell, and the right one at that. For sunfish and creek fish, I will take the leftover skin from baked or broiled chicken (cause we gotta eat healthy, ya know) and save it in a plastic freezer bag. Every few casts I'll rub my lure around in that bag and the fish absolutely love it! Impregnated lures are good, but expensive, and I won't spend my money on sprays or roll-on scents.

8. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I sometime use menhaden oil on my baits ,i know some washes of but when it does it make a slick on the water that to me makes a scent trail back to my bait

9. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i thought about getting some of that dead red blood spray from team catfish.
    I dont think its a waste of money if you get the right stuff. I use a shad spray from yum to spruce up my cutbait. I seem to have good luck with it

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now if you take that stuff and inject it in to earth worms it might work.

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Heck, I saw this thread titled bait enhancers and thought maybe someone had fed their bait some o' dat Extenze.... you know, make your bait bigger and perform better..... :smile2:

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    HEY BUD, MAKE A THREAD, AND SHARE:cool2: