Anyone use a two hook rig ?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by kyron4, Jul 10, 2007.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anyone use a two hook rig for live bait like gills and chubs ? By two hook rig I mean one hook tied at the end of the line as normal, then a 3" line tied to the main ,slid knot on top of knot, with another hook on the end. Say a 4/0 to 5/0 Kahle through the lips and another 4/0 or 4 treble behind the dorsal. Seems it would increase the hook up no matter which end is in the cats mouth. Just looking for opinions and pros and cons. -Thanks

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have been useing a double snelled leader and having good results.
    I prefer oct. circle hooks and with the stinger hook rig you will pick up a lot more fish that bite short.
    One thing when useing these is to be carefull when landing the fish as you have two hooks to deal with. Recomend useing a net or boga grip on them.
    Here's a link to Wild Wolf Products where I get mine.
    Gene will make them custom made to your specs. I get double 8/0 octupus circles on mine.
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/

4. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    So whats a boga grip.
    Never heard of it.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    it might, but im with the in fishermen guys keep it simple. :cool2:

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sliding the eye of any style hook of your choice over your line or leader before tying on any style hook of your choice to the end of your line or leader has been done for half a century that I know of.You can use treble or single hooks turned either way and the top sliding one makes it fully adjustable.Mono,or wire leaders,it works great.If you wish to use a larger hook as the sliding hook,a bead will keep it from sliding over your knot and smaller hook eye.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee