Anyone up to get together for a fishin trip?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Weldoman, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Weldoman

Weldoman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just to follow up on the thread "Anyone in upstate SC?" Where a few of us were talking about gettin together for a fishin trip. Post ideas for those interested here, specifically: Who would go? Where would we go? And what date(s) to go? Feel free to send me a ( PM )

E-Mail was removed

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I'd like to go, somewhere not too far (1 1/2 hours max) from Greenville.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That sounds like fun. I think there is a better chance of getting together a few folks from a local area than from the entire state. It is hard though to find a date that works for everyone. Weekends are generally better, but the summer can be hard with family vacations and all.

I am partial to Lake Wylie. First because it is close, second there are a lot of catfish on it! There are some other good lakes around too though. Find one where we can have a little cookout and some fellowship and I think it could be cool.

4. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    I'd try to make it. I'd prefer Wylie, Wateree, or perhaps Santee.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Sounds great but I'm only off on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would try to make it if yall let us NC boys come. LOL

7. Weldoman

Weldoman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah I tend to agree that this will probably be a weekender kinda thing. and shouldn't be a major ordeal to get organized, that's why I started the discussion here, so we all can plan far enough ahead so that a majority of us can make the necessary arrangements to be able to go. With that being said I heard a couple nominations for lake Wylie? The only place I know to pitch a tent or park a camper on wylie is over @ Ebenezer. Other than that I know of no other place? But heck any good piece of catfish water in the state of SC suits me just fine. And yes >laidback< everybody's welcome for sure. Anyway keep this thread goin and see what we can do?

8. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I'll be good anywhere in the upstate, although Wylie is most convienient.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Best of luck guys. If I can swing it somehow I'll try to make it up there. I might, just might be able to switch hours with the other guard if I know in enough time.

And Wylie or Monticello both work for me. Wylie would be easier on most guys so that would be the logical choice.

10. Patmansc

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Wylie's ok with me, but this time I'm taking a bazooka for all the (*&^&% weenies with their big boats & PWC's :crazy: It would be great to meet some of y'all from NC too!

11. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Wylie would be fine with me. I'd try to make it.

12. Patmansc

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    There ain't no tryin', just doin' :lol:

13. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Someone with more sense than me needs to figure out how to make one of them "pole threads" and put some dates down on it and we can take a pole and see what weekend works best.

14. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wylie sounds good to me,if the timing is rite,besides I need to show WylieCat how to catch a CATFISH.........he he he........

15. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Dragger lets get together one morning this coming week!! I need an old pro to teach this rookie how it is done!!!

16. Weldoman

Weldoman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Alright then, majority rules, and the majority consenus seems to be Lake Wylie, then Wylie it is. Now let's see what we can do about date(s) to go? And lets make sure our dates don't clash with any BOC events, specifically the national gathering. I mean we can plan this thing to go a month from now or 2weeks from now or whatever as long as we can get a time that will allow most of us to go, so we can make arrangements with our schedule at work/home.

17. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    I'm up for it at Wylie. What's it gonna take to git r done?

18. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Hey ToonCat, I see you are in Tega Cay!! Where are the cats at in that cove?!?!?!!?!? LOL!! Hope you can make it to the get-2-gether, it will be a long boat ride for you!! LOL!!

19. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Dieter, Cats are running strong in coves off of Torrence creek. Also, near the dam drifting across the channel. As far a long rides, I can see Ebenzer from the Tega Cay marina and can be at Buster Boyd in about 30 minutes. Heck, I've parked the toon at T-bones on a Sat night, downed a good meal, several beers and maybe even a shot of tequila, and navigated back home by the stars.................(you believe that)?

20. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey guys....count me in, as well. My dad, uncle and I would love to come as long as the date is good. Is this going to be all boat fishing? I am assuming so, but I just wanted to make sure. If my uncle can go, then we'll have a boat, but if he can't, then my dad and I would need some H2O transportation! I'm in Rock Hill, so Wylie is perfect. About 10-15 minutes from Ebenezer. What weekend are we looking at?