Anyone up for a night fishing trip on the James River tonite?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat69, Sep 3, 2009.

1. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    My fishing buddy is under the weather so he will not be able to go fishing with me today.
    If anyone would like to tag along shoot me a PM.
    I plan to leave Dutch Gap boat ramp somewhere between 3-4pm and return late in the nite or early in the morning (could be all nite if the fish are biting).
    I have everything that you will to fish with and the only thing you will need to bring is some snacks/drinks and clothing (it could get chilly).
    I have room for one person. I have a 17 foot Carolina Skiff Sea Chaser rigged for 12 poles (I always have 14 on the boat).
    Shoot me a PM with your name and phone number and I will call.
    Mike

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Can't go as much as I would like. All these reports of catching and some nice ones too! has me wanting to go. Today is Fee Day at my boy's high School so I am taking him to get his schedule, pay the fees and watch a scrimage football game that his best friend is playing in.

3. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    hey mike id love to go if you still aint found anybody to go with you just give me a shout at 381-1132 my names Christian

4. wallerus

wallerus New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Love to but don't get off til 5 and gotta w@$k tommorow.

5. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Mike... I will be at Dutch Gap about 4PM myself for a little fishing. I have a boat and will be bringing a friend... will be driving a green F150 short-bed...if you see me say hey..

6. flattop67

flattop67 New Member

State:
    New Kent County, VA
    I came over the 295 bridge about 230am and saw a boat to the east on the south shore. Was that you? There was a tug and barge with spot lights headed up river right near you.

Kevin

7. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I was fishing up in the barge pit all night. We ended up with only two good fish but nothing big. We got a 25 lb flat and a 38 lb blue. We fished til bout 6am then I headed home for some sleep before my trip down to NC.
    Did you guys do any good?

8. flattop67

flattop67 New Member

State:
    New Kent County, VA
    I was on 295 returning from Myrtle Beach. My boat is down river across from Windmill Point at the power lines. We have been catching 15-30 #rs but just can't get the BIG bite.

With the kids back in school and the wife working weekends, I am gonna have to squeeze in some quick runs during the day. The boat is about 2 miles from my work (Charles City Post Office) and it is about a 2 min run to a good hole.

Hope to see you out there.

Kevin
    New Kent