Anyone tried the Ruger LCP with CT laser?

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by mcseal2, Jul 10, 2009.

1. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am taking the concealed carry course in KS and am looking to buy a pistol for carrying in hot weather. I already own and shoot a Ruger SP101 in 357 that is concealable in winter, but I want something I can hide in jeans and a T-shirt for summer. I am leaning toward the LCP with the crimson trace lasergrips and Hornady flex-tip 90gr ammo. Nothing else I can find with more punch will fit into a pocket holster in blue jeans. Anyone tried this combo, or have a better idea?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Heath you are right a little of the butt shows of my model 36 S&W and
    my Rossi copy in blue jeans. But I wear overalls most of the time and
    they fit in the front and back pockets. I use the back pocket most of the
    time. I know some people don't like overalls but the full cut carpenter
    jeans have pockets like overalls, they are deeper than regular jean pockets.
    Just a thought.

3. Tros

Tros New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Are you determined to keep the pistol location just in a pocket? Have you entertained the idea of simply getting a nice IWB holster for your SP101?

The Ruger LCP sure would be hard to beat as far as concealibility goes, that's for sure. I would really like to get my hands on one before I would feel comfortable making a solid judgement on it. The price seems right, reviewers to are speaking highly of them, as are the owners.

Another thought comes to mind is to possibly get one of those lightweight S&W 642's. I imagine the lighter weight would be less of a hassle compared to the SP101 (if trying to pocket carry, that is)

Either way, keep us updated on whatever you decide on.