Anyone tried Suffix line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Nobody Special, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Anyone tried Suffix line? I need to get my bass fishing baitcasters ready for spring and thought I might try some.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes, I have. It is awesome line! Definitely as good as Big Game is, and in some situations maybe better. Would make excellent line for your bass rod's and reels.

Zakk:)

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I picked suffix 20# the other day im gonna try it out for cats only been out once since i put it on cast pretty good

4. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    no i havent tried it yet, but i here it is some awsome stuff

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I use Sufix 30# and 40# and have no complaints

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Grumpy, I got some after Danny King (punch bait maker) told us that is what he uses. I really like it. It cast great on my 6500's, is very tough and does not have much memory.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The sufix leader line is awsome too. I have it in 50 and 80# test.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I agree, I have used that also and it is awesome!!!

Zakk:)

9. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Sufix line has been around a long time there mono is a low memory line,there leader line is excellent very tough an abrasion resistance.
    Loop

10. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I have tried aot of brands of line. After trying the Suffix, I see no need to go back to one of the others I have used. Try it and I think you'll find it is one of the if not the best on the market.

11. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I used Sufix tritanium plus on all my reels last year, it really performed well. Low memory, exellent abrasion resistance and knot strength. I just spooled my Penn with Sufix seige line last week, so far it is doing well too. It is very limp, casts great, I haven't hook any big cats yet to give it a real test but so far I like it.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have tried the small lb suffix for channels and have not had a problem with it. I love the leader line, have 2 rolls of it in the tackle box. Great stuff, could pull a semi out of the water with it.

13. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I e-mailed Sufix and asked them what the difference was between Seige and Elite. They both cost the same and make pretty much the same claims on the packaging. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry. Elite is a all around performance line in every category. Siege is for extreme distance casting, Siege also has exceptional abrasion resistance.

14. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have used Sufix Tritanium Plus line for the last several years and it is a great line. I have not used the Seige or Elite so I don't know how they compare.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use Sufix line and love it. No memory. The only problem is that I can only find it up to 20# at BPS in Las Vegas and only 330yd. spools. I would love to find it in 1/4# spools and larger than 20#.