Anyone still noodling?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Jul 6, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    We haven't had much luck the past two weekends. Maybe with all the super hot days the spawn was a bit earlier or not yet? We caught a flathead behind keystone dam this past weekend and it still had eggs in it. :eek:oooh:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    When I came across Hwy 51 bridge, some guys were at the old boat ramp. Didn't see them bring any thing out, but didn't watch long.

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    If I could find someone to go with I would be going! I don't think it is too late to go, the two flatheads I caught this weekend still had eggs in them... so I let them go. damnit... I was hungry!

4. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    we are just getting started good up here been catching males by them self caught the first pair on monday:cool2:

5. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Eggs in the hole?

6. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    bill,

I heard the Chikaski's water its still pretty cool.. if so that'll be a good thing for you guys..

7. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    but this is an excellent article on the science of catfish breeding, and the reason it's important to leave them on the nest. Again, I'm not trying to start a fight, just a good read. Stole it from the Missouri board. I was not aware of this until I read it for myself.

http://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2009/04/10.htm

8. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    we have caught some more pairs the water is still cool enough that we fond a blue still on eggs

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Did you make it down to Pauls Valley this year Bill?

10. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    yes we made it was in third till 630 ithink we ended up in 5th all I took was a 45 a 40 and 27 it was fun but way to dang hot

11. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I bet the water was almost boiling while you were down there...dang it was Hot on Saturday. That's still a pretty nice 3 fish stringer....Congrats.:big_smile:

12. fishingrl636

fishingrl636 New Member

State:
    Lake Eufaula,OK
    Interesting article. Just reminds us why we throw them back if u arent gonna eat them. thanks