Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Anyone Still fish for Cats up Here??

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WIcatter 
#1 ·
Hello All,
We just moved up to mosinee wisconsin,and are looking for any info on where a few spots to do some catfishin might be.
We gave it a try at the wisconsin river by the paper mill in town but didn't have any luck.
I don't want you to give up your hidden spots I was just wanting a few tips on where to head to and catch a few...:biggrin1:

#2 ·
It may be a little early yet for them to be real active.They are there below the dam as well as down-river. I myself havent fished the area in a few years. I know people have lots of luck around the train bridge at Knowleton (off Hwy 34). Check out the baitshop east of the cheese factory in town, they can helpyou out. Another place would be below the DuBay dam. For the Mosinee and Wausau areas, check with Gander Mtn by Cedar Creek Mall/Harley Davidson. You can pick up live bait at either place mentioned.
I myself mainly fish the St Point and Nekoosa areas, only getting 'up-north' maybe once a summer. If interested in these areas, I can be of more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.