Anyone smoke a pipe??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KATMANDETTE, Nov 5, 2007.

1. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    I can remember my Daddy smoking a pipe, and it smelled sooooo good. Any of your guys out there still smoke, a pipe?

Can't stand cigarette smoke tho :angry:

Mik

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I did smoke a pipe, cigars, and cigs. Quit about 15 months ago. I still have a few nordic pipes in my collection.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Used to, long time ago when I was hip and wanted to look like a professor. I wonder, you know all the candle scents one can get nowadays, if there is one with tobacco smoke fragrance. Might be market for that, maybe we could make a zillion bucks.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I smoke one every now and then. My drummer smokes one. I'm waiting for the law suit, by someone with too much time on their hands, against the makers and users of those scented candles. I'm sure that some researcher will find that the "second hand smoke" causes cancer.

5. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I do! I do! I'm an amateur kapnismologist. I study and collect pipes as well as different tobaccos and blends that originate in the U.S. I've written and submitted a couple articles for Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine, however, I don't believe they were printed. It's a small publication so there is only a small bit of room for articles, and it only comes out quarterly. People always look at me funny because they aren't used to seeing a young guy smoke a pipe these days.

The prize in my collection is a one-of Savinelli that was hand-carved with a unique lucite stem. I'm quite proud of it!

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My brother makes one of a kind pipes out of deer horn. He however is a herbagemologist. Has a different fragrance than yours. He won't sell them used but if you want a new one I can get you one cheap.

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey beetle, were you smoking some of your brothers "herbagemologist" research material when you wrote that bulletin for new comers to the BOC? just curious.

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my pastor does. i was looking through his desk for some documents he wanted me to get one day and i found his pipe and a huge bad of tobacco. it was wierd cuz i could never smell smoke anywhere

9. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Hey postbeetle, I'd love to get one of those pipes. I just would want to be sure that they look like ordinary tobacco pipes and don't look too... uh... "unusual". My father is a cop, ya know. I can't imagine the police brutality that would take place if I got arrested for having a pipe which was not a "pipe" but was close enough.

I can see an ASP baton straight to the dome on that one. :eek:oooh:

10. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i carried a pipe back in th 70s. we called it th crop duster. man that thing would kill ya:smile2::cool2: