Anyone shoot pellet rifles?

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by TnShooter, Apr 18, 2007.

1. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    Anyone shoot pellet rifles?

Here are a few of my mine

Custom Crosman 2240 .22 cal
    chronograph at 470+fps

Gamo Shadow .177 cal
    Chronograph at 875+ fps
    [​IMG]

My custom built by me Crosman 1377 .177 cal
    Chronographed at 800fps.
    [​IMG]

Airforce Talon SS .22 cal
    Chronographed at 996fps for 36 fpe.
    [​IMG]

Benjamin 397
    Chronographed at 655fps on 10 pumps
    700fps on 13 pumps.
    [​IMG]

Stock 1377
    [​IMG]

Currently modifying a Marksman 2004
    [​IMG]

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    If you type in pellet guns in the search box you will be suprised at the results.I believe Coyote is the resident guru!!:lol: Those are some sweet ones ya got.You have your own chrono or they do it at the local range?

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats a nice lineup there I recently started shooting pellet rifles again,Especially with the new adult size and more powerfull models availible now. I have a Daisy 1000 S and am going to buy a Gamo in the future.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I bought a RWS 17 caliber years ago to pop squirrels robbing my bird feeder. It does 1000 feet per second if I remeber correctly. It stops a squirrel in its tracks and is very accurate. I scoped it and its about the same as shooting a good 22 rifle only silent and cheap ammo.

5. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    I have my own Chrony. A Chrony F1.

I had the Gamo shadow 1000 longest shot was 76yards on a starling.

6. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I have a older crossman 766 and a pistol like yours too. I shoot the crows that wake me up in the morning. I live in town and these are greta and silent when shooting out the bathroom window..

7. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    I know what you mean...haahaa
    I'd be telling a lie if I said I hadn't busted a few out the window....haaha

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I bought my son one for Christmas it is a Gamo I love shooting it as much as he does. At 15 yards it can put 3 holes touching.

9. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    nice lookin guns, i got a daisy powerline 901, i think its max w/ 10 pumps is like 750, and i got a little daisy powerline pistol co2 powered, 550 max fps its alot of fun, semi auto for $25 at academy, it can take down a bird perty easy

10. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    very nice looking guns!!! love that talon.i have a few cheap ones like a crossman 766 and an old break action. but i am thinking about getting a bam x-50 pcp powerd gun in .22 for rabbit and squirrel hunting. i would love to have a theoben rapid s-type in .22 caliber but i dont think thats going to happen anytime soon.lol. happy hunting and be safe.

btw-i was down in the back yesterday with my 766 and saw a very sick looking cottentail rabbit about 20yrds out,so i aimed for the neck and THWAP!!! he droped like a rock.first rabbit i ever took down with that gun.i think i did him a favor.

11. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    clint, thats some collection you got. i really like the talon, i considered getting one, but didnt like the idea of a scuba tank. ive got a collection myself. they are so much fun to shoot

winchester1000sb(pigieons in the barn)
    gamo 220 in .22(barn rat gun...we got some BIG ones)
    benjamin 397
    crosman 1077
    benjamin laegacy .177
    benjamin hb22 pistol in .22

nothing special...but really fun

12. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    got a gamo 1000 last year. happy with the gun, got it to kill snakes while fishin. kills snakes ok, but havent found the right pellet yet for killin squirrels. Those lil 177 pellets disentergrate and dont do much damage to em. I noticed the other night that my front sight is gone. I think its interchangeable, so hopefully I can find one to put on it, as I like open sights n dont use a scope. nothing compares to the benjamin 22 caliber I had as a kid! used ta pump it up 45 times n kill rabbits n armadillos.

13. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i got a powerline something. i know its shooting dime sized shots at 25 yards and goes as fast as 1,000 fps.

Tony

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    had a 1377 pistol when i was a kid, it was my 'killin gun', haha. got a daisy 1000s and was pretty impressed with its power.
    for squirrels try those premier round nosed hollowpoint pellets. they do pretty good on them.

15. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Got started back on airguns a year ago and now have at least 20 or better.
    Got three grandkids and they all love to shoot. Have a very large fenced yard so can step outside and shoot away. I use 22 cal for the tree rats, either pump like the Benj or co2 guns. Have springers, co2 and pump type airguns and enjoy them all. Anybody really interested in them can go to yellowforum.com and find out anything they want.
    Bill

16. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
  17. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I've been a member of the yellow forum for a couple of years now. lots of good info there

18. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I got a beeman 1000fps for christmas from my dad this year. I'm 37 and remember getting my first bb gun from DAD!

I love it. Me and Ersel get together and shoot and both of ours will make clover leafs at 10 yards.