Anyone seen the new Camaro?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bill in SC, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It will be out in '10. I've been a Chevy man all my life, and had a '67 Camaro. Mom still has a '68 she bought new for $2800. Been offered a fortune for it but won't sell it. Now back to the "new" Camaro. Am I the only one who thinks it looks strikingly similar to the Mustang? I guess GM has seen the success of the Mustang, so they decided to nearly clone it.
    Bill in SC

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It does look similar, but most new cars are starting to look like each other.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Since the Camaro was designed to compete directly with the Mustang, it is no surprise that there are similarities. I think it was, and is a much better looking car.

Definition of Camaro: A small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs.

Attached Files:

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    to me it looks like a modern 67-69 camero all in one car

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I thought the new model Mustangs were a nice rendition when they came out, and I think Chevy has done the 69 Camaro proud with it's new knock off, but the new Dodge Challenger gets my vote. Out of all of the retro clones I think Dodge got it closest, and with the SRT-8 Hemi backed by a manual tranny, its has the cahones to back it up.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Chevy/GM man here. I love the 68 Camaro. Drove a Black on Black for a while back in the day. also had a 75 Camaro. Bought it a couple years old, put over 100K miles on it , wore it out. Wouldn't mind having a mix of the two.
    New ones. I like. In the Movie TF, it looked good to me plus some pics I've secne on net.. Haven't seen one in person but I be thinking its a mix that I like. Needs a driver.:big_smile:

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That is a sweet looking car! I love it!

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Seen that car last year some time on some tv program? I always liked the camaro's ...I had model 70 1/2 Z28 with the split front bummper had a 427 in it pumped up :eek:oooh: that car was a killer never lost a race in it:big_smile:

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Forgot to say the 427 came out a 67 corvette and it was all rebuild from the bottom up ..Dang i miss that car:angry:

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sweet looking car. I wonder if it looks as good under the hood as it does on the outside. It seems that the auto makers are taking the "Muscle" out of American Muscle cars

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes! I've seen the new Camaro. I'm amazed at how much they look like Mustangs. I'd love to be able to buy one,but I doubt finacially I will ever be able too. I love to hear the engine's purr,but can growl if it's needed. Thank you for your post Brother I enjoyed it.~~~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:cool2::cool2::cool2:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Bill I agree with ya. I was raised riding in a 69 and a half R/S Camero that my mom drove. At age 21 I bought my 67 and man that was a beautiful car. Sunk a lot money in her but it ran high 13's and street legal. One day I might do it all over again with my son. I sure know how to work on them, LOL.

-Jim-

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
  14. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    That is a nice ride,would love to have one myself in the future to play with again,I have always been a Chevy man myself,I have owned several Camaros in the past myself,I have had a 69 Z28,a 80 Z28,a 85 Z28 and a 92 RS,loved them all but the 69 was by far my favorite,did alot of street racing and dragstrip racing with it,it was a hoss from about 1988 to 1995,it was a 386ci small block,Dart 2 alum heads,300 hp NOS system,488 12 bolt rear end,powerglide trans with brake and 8 in convertorI finally sold it:angry:soon after my daughter was born,regret it everyday when I sit down at my computer and look at it as the pic on my screensaver,just thought I would share with ya,those were the days:big_smile:

Attached Files:

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Bad deal man:sad2: Sometimes selling a car is like loosing a family member

16. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah that challenger looks awesome for sure, but id like the camaro just cause !! while im dreaming ill have 1 of each stang ,cammy ,and the challenger !!!!!!!:roll_eyes:

17. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I always loved the Camaro. I owned a 79 Rally Sport with a 305 ci. and a 78 Z28 with a 350 ci. Both were fun cars. The new Camaro has the lines of the 1st generation Camaros, but they don't "make them like they used too"!!

18. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Dont care for it. I love the new Challanger though!