Anyone recommend a good guide on Texoma?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Aug 1, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I am wanting to take my son fishing this fall for trophy bluecats down on Texoma and was looking for a guide service. Has anyone used any down there, or know of any good guides that will put us on some big blues? I would love to see the look on his face if he hooked a truely big cat!

Thanks!

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    yes sir that would be my tournament partner joe...he lives on Tex-oma..we won the fall classic last year . He can put you on fish..contact Danny kings web site and leave a message that you want to talk to joe.

3. beagle1963

beagle1963 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't want to break in on your post, but I went to Texoma Monday, 07-31-2006. Nice little strippers busting on top early. I went on the Texas side with a friend who has fished the lake alot. We fished some coves due to high wind and around the channel. VERY DEEP. I caught a couple of nice blacks. My friend caught a small alpaloosa cat, the first I have ever seen and very pretty, and a three pound smallmouth, also the first I have ever seen, that was also awesome.

We picked up some small strippers on top and that was fun.

I don't have a boat and spotted some nice places around Eisenhower park that I will try to bank fish from later.

I mainly fish cats, friend is a dedicated basser that offered me the trip and what a trip it was.