Anyone plying the muddy Yadkin River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by McDreamy, Apr 18, 2007.

1. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    im hitting th yadkin river /upper high rock fri was wondering if any body was catching mr whiskers and if they dont mind giving me a proximity of where bouts

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Eric, I've been fishing below Idol's dam. I know that I'm much further upriver than where you'll be fishing but thought I'd give you a report anyway. I went out a few days ago and the white bass had moved upriver to spawn. They were jumping everywhere and stealing baits. I downsized my hooks and baits and we caught a few, all males. Normally we can catch a few channels but we didn't catch a single catfish in 3 1/2 hours. I was fishing with live bream, livers and cut-bait.

By the way I'll be trying tonight if the weather isn't too bad (64 acess under the bridge.)

3. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    hello flondahman....are you bank fishing or puting in at the private ramp downstream of idols????..thanks mack

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Mack, I've been bank fishing. I'm boatless this year.

5. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    where is the private boat ramp? is it private only or can you pay to put in?

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Michael, there is a fishing club that has a ramp below Idols, my neighbor fishes with them. I'm not sure if that's the one that Mack is talking about or not.

7. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Went fishing last night on the Yadkin (64 access). Gar were everywhere! We only caught one small channel cat and finally snagged one of the gar. Brought up lots of empty hooks. This is the earliest I've seen gar this far up the river. The water level was low and the temp was high. Hope we get some rain soon, I'm leaving the river alone until the next gullywasher.

8. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    hey flounda down here closer to highrock i had pretty good luck 2 weekends ago caught a 55.5lb flattie and 18 others ranging from9 lbs down to 3/4 lb which where channels nd blues