Anyone Planning on fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish_Rob, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    So I think I am making a trip down to the ohio this weekend. I am thinking Friday. I have a friend that wants to come with me this time haha. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is still fishing? If so, I fish right by Leblond Recreation Center. Feel free to drive your boat by.

Catfish_Rob

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm going to have to make it happen this weekend.
    Apparently the river is going to rise pretty good Friday.

3. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Yeah it should be up quite a bit. I am hoping the wind is gone by friday night. I will probably head down at 4 or 5 and get a fire going. I need to add at least 3 ounces of weight to each line. It looks like it should be a good night. Plus I like to watch all the barges with christmas lights on them. Anyway, if you see me honk your horn haha.

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Good luck guys, finals have me by the you know whats so I won't be fishing this weekend. Figures the river decides to come up to about 34 feet the days I can't be on it. :smile2:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Goodluck guys and be safe! I am considering hitting the Muskingum this weekend as well! Need to catch a kitty, or two, or three...:roll_eyes::smile2::wink: rollo

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    8 ouncers won't sit down in the current that'll come with the rise. Especially if you're bank fishing, the angle doesn't help at all. Last time I fished high water like this I was on a boat and the 8 ouncers weren't sitting down at all.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You guys are missing the point, 9 times out of 10 you are not gonna be targeting the extremely fast water. Regardless of if your from the bank or not. Find the pockets of slower water, otherwise your going to catch nothing but drift and leaves. Is it possible to pick off a few fish here and there? Absolutley, but I will put my money on the guys fishing the slower waters any day, especially on the ohio. If we were talking about the Mississippi, or the Missouri, its a different story all together..

8. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I sure hope I'm going to be shivering in Leavenworth if the headgasket comes in for the boat.

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I havent been out in a few weeks now...maybe its time for me to get out as well

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Looks like predictions were way off.
    Was claiming a 33 foot crest, now it's claiming a 43 foot crest.
    Who's taking the boat out this weekend? :smile2::smile2: She's at action stage soon!
    My buddy has land right outside of North Bend and he said the amount of drift that been piling up in front of his house is rediculous, and it's only going to get worse since the water level is rising big time.

I was going to head out today, but the wind is absolutely insane ... not to mention I forgot about that snow storm that's supposedly moving it. :confused2: I love being suuuuuuuper excited and not being able to do anything about it. :embarassed:

11. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Oh damn. I was still planning on going down friday but I don't want to get swept away by drift wood. I guess we will see.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like the Muskingum up here. In highwater conditions, I fish the current breaks, move to the inside bends, and fish pocket areas just off from the hard push. Fish seem to stage up in numbers in these spots. :wink: I actually like fishing highwater over low water conditions, probably because thats when I have been more productive.. rollo

13. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    I went to the discharge this morning hopin for skippies, didnt get any but the point of my post is this. LEAVES LEAVES LEAVES, I knew this was gonna happen on the first hard rise. As bad as Ive been waiting on this water to come up, i wasnt looking forward to all the garbage! You couldnt reel in a sibikki without loadin up with tons of leaves. As for this weekend, HELL YEAH IMUH BE OUT THERE. hell or HIGH WATER!:big_smile: Cant wait.

14. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    I'd love to be out this weekend but I'm working saturday and would have to fix the trailer before I could go. got a bad wheel bearing and a brake light out. figures the water would finally come on weekend I planned on taking off

15. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    good luck to those going out this weekend and be safe since the river is supposed to be so high

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck to you guys if you get out.thinking about heading out this weekend,not sure where yet.

thinking on going to deer creek and seeing if i can hook into a couple of saugeye,specially if they are letting water through the dam