Anyone own a Lund Sport Angler?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Mr.T, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Very Nice!

I looked at them, and as you, wished for it :confused2:

Price was just a little to much for me. If you get it, enjoy!

97" Beam!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
  4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i have a 2003 pro v lund 1800 and i really like it. my dad has a 2003 pro v 2025 and he likes it as well. very stable boats when anchored, take rough water real well, and a smooth ride on rough water. the only problem i have had with mine is the seats. they are molded plastic hinged on the pro v models but i sent them back to lund and they sent me brand new seats for my 1 year old seats. they are exspensive boats, so if i where you i would make sure to get the one you want most. it will last a lifetime if you take care of it.

5. craigr

craigr New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    First off, I'm not trying to talk you out of a Lund. In my opinion they are the 'Cadillac' of boats.

But....

In 2003, I went to the local boat show here in Omaha, checkbook in hand to by a Lund Pro V. All rigged up, the price was around 25 grand. I told the dealer I would be at his place the following weekend to choose options / accessories, finalize the deal, etc...

After looking at all of the other boats there, on the way out I saw a coworker there looking at a Polar Kraft. While talking to him, I also gave the boat a good looking over. I ended up talking to the salesman quite a bit about the boat. We discussed price, & he gave me a 'around' price. I told him I would go home and do my research on the boat, but that so far I liked it better than the Lund.

After researching it on the web, I showed up at the dealer the following saturday & got the boat with a galvanized trailer, Extras seat / pedistal, extra console & motor upgrade from a Yamaha 90hp to a 115hp for 9 grand less than the Lund!

I know its not a Lund, but I have been thrilled with the boat. I have run it VERY hard to put it thru its paces & it performs VERY well. If I remember right the aluminum is a little thinner than the Lund, but that was the only thing that stands out in my mind. I've used the boat for Hard river running on the Missouri, took it down to Table Rock, pulled tubers, driffed, trolled, etc... I haven't found a single thing that has let me down with this boat. (I grew up around boats - ski'ing, fishing & hanging around the local Marina, I'm no expert, but I do know more than average about boating).

For much less money, the boat has been all I could ever ask for. The only thing mine doesn't have, is the LUND on the side of the boat. So there is not as much 'prestige' on the lakes / rivers.

Mine is the Polar Kraft Kodiac 168 DC series.

I would encourage you to look into them before dropping alot of money for the Lund Name.

craigr

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Believe me, I've been studying every boat out there - Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft, Polarkraft, Lowe, G3, Triton, Ranger, War Eagle, Xpress, Smoker Craft, etc. -- you name it, I've got the catalog.

The Lund Sport Angler is the most open layout I've found - no raised rear casting deck, which I don't want. Room for 4 pedestal seats and still enough space that you can get to your rods at the rear of the boat without tripping over anyone. Can be equipped with a built-in cutting board and wash-down system. Has ample room for a bait tank to keep my shad in. No carpet anywhere. A full top and side/rear curtains is available for those cold or rainy days.

Every other boat I've looked at had some "deal breaker" about it that I can't live with - either a tiny "livewell" (20 gallons isn't a livewell; it's a baitwell); a bunch of wasted space at the rear of the boat, used up by "jump seats" I don't want and a raised casting deck I don't need; Carpet as the *only* option for flooring (why *anybody* wants carpet in a fishing boat is beyond me) - the list goes on.

I started another thread a couple of weeks ago about the "perfect" catfishing boat - nearly all of the "must have" features I listed there are met by this particular Lund.

The price tag on the Lund is the probably the only thing that'll hold me back, and I'm working on talking myself into it. I won't do anything until next boat show season, I'm sure, so I've got plenty of time to reason it out in my head. Then I'll have to start working on my wife, and that'll be a harder sell.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Sure looks like a nice boat. The only thing I see wrong for my kind of fishing is there is a lot of wasted space up front. I can just see me now slamming the brails of the cast net into that nice big wind shield. hehe