Anyone own a Judge?

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im not really big on guns. I qualify expert with the M16 and 9mm when I go to range annually. Other than that, I shoot every now and then with my buddy's guns whenever he invites me. Last time I deployed to Iraq I left my older 380 with my brother and just never got it back from him...now that my fishing buddy is moving away, Im going to be out at night with just my kids...so mow Im looking for a new gun that I can use for self defense as well as for having some fun with. I was looking at the Taurus 45/.410...looks like a fun gun to own and for a not so bad price. Anybody have one of these?

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I don't own a Judge but I have thought about getting one myself. I do
    own a .45 long colt revolver and really like it. The .45 long colt doesn't
    have a brutal recoil and is plenty big enough for self protection.

3. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I don't own one but I have shot one and they are pretty nice. I think it would be more than enough gun for self defense . I would like to have one but cash flow is short right now.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Not yet but on my list after I get my AR-15. :wink:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't own one but have been looking. They are now making an Ultra lite model, but it will only shoot the 2 1/2 inch 410 shells and not the 3 inch. (it will still shoot the 45 LC of coarse) Advantages are, a shorter cylinder witch makes it lighter and more compact. I have one on my wish list.
    :wink:

6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks guys. They do seem like they are pretty hard to get ahold of from the dealer stores. I also gotta work some serious magic with the boss(wife):wink:.

7. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    great gun had one and traded it not a very concealable gun

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've looked at a Judge, they're nice. But also thinking about a derringer from Bond Arms. They're made in Texas. I like the Century 2000. It's a 410/45LC with 3" chambers.
    And there is 14 other interchangeable barrels available that shoots, 357/38, 45 colt, 44 spec 9 MM, 32, 22, etc.

This article about the Bond derringer
    appeared in the NRA magazine.

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes I do have one, They are awsome !

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pat,
    If you dont mind me asking, what was the price range that you paid for yours and how long did you have to wait to get it? If I get the go ahead to buy one, I would like to get the short version.

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

What .410 shells have you tried? Curious minds want to know....

12. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Was wondering if the 45 LC has about the same recoil as the 45 ACP or what? I'm not very big framed but like flathead hunter being out at night by myself in the boonies it's nice to have a some firepower if needed. I shoot a 357 mag with a 4 inch barrel with no problem.

:cool2:

13. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's seems kinda hard to compare the two because a .45lc is traditionaly a revolver round and the .45 acp is a semi-auto round. At least it seems like it's a different kind of recoil to me. I have a Taurus Raging Bull .454 with a 8 3/8 ported barrel and the recoil of the .45lc's in it are very mild. I guess you also have to consider that the .454 Casull rounds are pretty well managed as well between the heavy barrel, porting, and grips on the gun. I'd say if you can handle a .357 mag then you should be fine with a .45lc.

14. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    i shoot almost weekly when i can sneek away i dont own one but have had some range time with one to me recoil isnt a problem but if u need a quick accurate follow up shot forget it its just to slow to recover from shot to shot but if u just want something cool then get it because it is fun to shoot

15. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I use to own a 1969 judge, {pontiac} lol why do you need a judge did I miss something

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I don't have a Judge, but, I do carry and use a Taurus alloy framed snubby in .45LC.
    I mainly carry snake loads in it,Which are wonderfully effective.. but, if needed, I have some 200 grn HP loads I shoot well, I tried the standard lead 255 grn bullets and didn't like the recoil from those in that gun,,,,. In an old peacemaker they're fine however.
    If you like the .357, shouldn't be a problem adapting to the Judge/,45..

I've not handled one myself, but, would like to check them out!!

17. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont "need" it as much as I would like to "have" it:smile2:. Im going to be fishing alone at night this summer. Im used to fishing with my buddy Chris but he's moving to Japan next month. I usually take my son with us also. The area I fish is pretty dense bush on the edges of the water but there are times when illegals come through there. I'll feel better with some protection out there. I figure the Judge seems to be a great gun at a really decent price.

18. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I have a 2.5" lightweight, it is pretty handy and I keep it in my truck close at hand.
    I have tried #4, #7.5 and #9's , the #9's are the only one that shoots very good patterns, its fun to throw up something in the air and shoot it.
    I keep mine loaded with the first chamber with a #9 the second with a 000 buckshot and the third chamber with a 265 grain Keith style bullet, then again a 000 and finally a 265, I don't think it would be in anyone's best interest to try and car jack me.

19. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    How about this li'l Judge Judy !!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      13.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Jeremy, That just looks like a real handful of JOY,, I like it!!