anyone out there from ny

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW YORK TALK' started by cathunter666, Oct 13, 2009.

1. cathunter666

cathunter666 New Member

State:
    new york
    is anyone on here from upstate ny area

2. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    I have not been online in a while but I am from upstate NY I fish Champlain and the Hudson River. Just put my boat away for the year and I already want to go fishing>

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Not from N.Y. , but am curious about the pike fishing up there.
    How is it and what's the largest you all have landed?

4. cathunter666

cathunter666 New Member

State:
    new york
    i went out on 10/26/09 we got alot of bites 3 good eater size channels. plenty of bites couldnt turn me back for two seconds without poles going wild. great night!

5. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    I use to live in the Buffalo area in fact I was born and raised there. I moved to Blythe CA 32 years ago and have never been back. I live on the Colorado River and fish for flathead's all the time. My largest so far is 42 lb's but I have lost many that were much bigger. All I use to catch back in the Lancaster area were bullheads, which were great eating when you had a mess of them to cook up. I like being able to fish year round with no winter to speak of I couldn't take the snow ever again. Would like to hear from you. Low Dsrt Jonathan:wink:

6. cathunter666

cathunter666 New Member

State:
    new york
    wish i could fish year round. id be out everyday possible. but in winter i ice fish to help with the itch of the winters here.

7. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    I use to do that when I was a kid believe it or not my buddy and me would use a hammer and chisel to break through the ice to catch a few perch or bluegill. We had a lot of fun in our youth it's good to look back on the crap we did.LDJ:smile2:

8. cathunter666

cathunter666 New Member

State:
    new york
    yea i used the hammer and chisel method till i got a hand auger. pain in the backside. but its worth it just to get out there.

9. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    I live n the Catskill Mts. range almost midstate New York. Just moved here from Albany N.Y. Built a new house. There are supposed to be catfish around this area but have not been able to find anyone with any knowledge about it. Always looking for others to fish with. I have not icefished in a few years now for the same reason. Someone to go with.

Keep your lines tight !

10. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Have boat will travel.

Keep your lines tight

11. cathunter666

cathunter666 New Member

State:
    new york
    i live in glens falls and know a few good spots. i think over the whole summer and fall the smallest we caught was 27 inches