Anyone out ice fishing??

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catsrking, Jan 3, 2008.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just curious if anyone in these parts has found some good ice and had any success fishing. With the temps we have had lately, should be some decent ice forming if it's not there already.

2. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've seen a few holes drilled in the farm ponds around here. Not sure If I would want to try a bigger pond.... Good luck, tell us how it goes if you decide to go out!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    No ice Fishing for this ol boy. Last time I was on any ice on a lake was when I was a kid about 15.We was ice skating (trying anyway):roll_eyes: and a kid came running out on to the ice and it started cracking and popping so we got off real quick. Can't fish off the banks rivers froze to much. Talking around 50 Sat so may go down to Clarksville dam and try off the bank.Haven't made up my mind as of yet.If nothing eles I can sit and watch the Eagles.Lots of them there at the Dam.

4. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I hear there catching crushed and cube's at Quick Trip ......... Let me know if you want to go sometime tom ???????

5. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Catchin' cubes & crushed, eh? :confused2: How do ya clean 'em, Skywalker?

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    water temp in the shallows is right around 50-55 degrees today. Think I will wait a few days before trying it...:wink:

7. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah man - ya gotta be careful diggin' those warm-water holes Jerry.. :eek:oooh:

8. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The day we start ice fishing here in south Georgia is the same day I become a Mexican....:crazy: SOUTHERN MEXICAN that is.:big_smile::smile2::wink:

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I was out on the Mississipppi River today and yesterday also, and I didn't see any ice. Course I was below the Dam, and it rarely ever freezes up, but still it was a nice 65 degrees, water temp 35 degrees. Good compamy being on the river, I call that a good day. The only that could have made it better is if I'd a caught the big one. LOL Later Andy

10. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've heard the lake we like to ice fish in S. Iowa either has or had some good ice. Hoping to get down there to check it out. Bluegills & Crappie through the ice is some awsome table fare.

11. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Hey Tom if you want to try the pond in bondurant out some time give me a ring you got my #....

12. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I made it out last Friday (1-4-8) and Saturday (1-5-8). I fished 3-Mile for a little while and caught 2 little walleye and a small Whiper. Then I went to Big Creek and caught 2 more really small walleye. I didn't go at it too hard but I am going to give it a better try this weekend and see if I can find the keepers.