Anyone on here fish the Muskingum?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Joey6500, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I need some new fishing buddies come spring.I'm so sick of my friends flaking out on me at the last minute and I end up sitting out there all night by myself.I usually fish anywhere between Dresden and Duncan Falls.:wink:

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry Joey, no one on here fish's it. They say it's because there aren't any good size flats in it.

3. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Whaaaaaaaaat???I hope your joking.I've caught up to 40 lbers and I've seen 60 lbers caught

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    what are you talking about.................I know tons and tons of people onere tha fish that river its a great river....regardless of wha is sayin lol.....RAT

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hes just messin with ya.! Theres alot of guys on here that fish the musk. They catch alot of good fish every year! I myself fish it also. I usually fish zanesville or coshocton area.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    James, there is going to be an informal "breakfast" gathering on december 13th in zanesville. If you can make it, you'll meet more Muskingum river cat fanatics than you can shake an ugly-stick at.

By the way, Dresden is overrated. LOL

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I usually fish it here Zanesville. Hopefully next year we will get some rain. Last two years has been awfully low.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    your right skip, dresden is overrated and zanesville is overfished for some reason:cool2::roll_eyes: LOL rollo

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I was gonna say Dresden is the only place to catch a 70+ pounder, but I didn't want to lie to the guy. LOL

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    can't wait to see a 70 myself come from this stretch of river... Oh... :smile2: there hasn't been one yet..:big_smile: rollo

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had aholt of one that went at least that big right up by the boat ramp! Would have got it in too if I hadn't woke up. lol :smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You "northerners" are due a 70+, eventually. Just a shame it'll be a carp and not a flathead lol.

13. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've seen a 64 come out of there below Zanesville.So its not too far to stretch the mind that theres a 70 in there.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Lot more at Zanesville than Dresden or Coshocton due to the river being larger the further south you go. Breakfast is Sunday the 14th.

Dresden and Coshocton pools will eat props so be careful with your boat.