Anyone noodling yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Bill D Curtis, May 19, 2007.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    I was just wondering if anyone down south had been in the water yet I tried to get in here in kay county but it is way to cold for this fat boy:big_smile:

2. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    we went saturday, but It was a bit cold for us also:sad2:

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    we got 12 fish yesterday biggest 2 were in the 50lb ranges, had a blast i sure didn't notice the coldness

4. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I we hit a spot today. I could only stand the cold water for about 30 minutes though. But we got one!

Attached Files:

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    That's a pretty good size flathead there....congrats. What did it weigh?

6. The Young Gun

The Young Gun New Member

State:
    Oklahom
    well i can't see the attachment but congrats to yall both on the success. Eufaula is way up so all the holes we had last year are too deep now. and its little cool even for this avid duck hunter. and the south canadian is movin a little to much as well. but give me a week of some sun and i'll be out there and keep yall posted.... be careful out there

7. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Sorry, I didn't even think of that. It was 47 and some change. The guys I went with were at that spot the day before( when the water was about four feet shallower) and caught 4 50+Lb and 11 between 20 and 30 pounds. they said when they were done cleaning them, they had over 20 gallons of meat. I will try to get a copy of the pic and post it for ya'll. they are for all you can get, all I need is one to make me happy.

8. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    What lake did you goto? Cause I would like to try that.:roll_eyes:

9. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Do these fellows make a habit of killing every flathead they encounter? I would hope that your association with them will educate them to the need for conservation... That measures out to over 150 pounds of meat... enough to feed 75 Cajuns or 100 regular folks!

Take what you need, but don't waste our resources.

10. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    The water is still to high here on the chiakaski and another rise expected from this mornings heavy rain

11. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Yes a few of them do Albert, and I know, its a shame. I preach to them every time I go noodling with them. I also "let a few slip right past me" every now and then. lol. One of them is starting to think like I do now, so maybe here in the near future I can change the way they all think:big_smile:.

12. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I'm dying to get in the river and get bit, but it is going to be a while with all the rain. Mud Creek is out of its banks right now and Red River is roaring. It'll be another couple of weeks at least (depending on the rain) until you can get in without getting carried away.

13. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    NICE ONE!!!!!! Man i am going to try that!!

14. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Planing on getting out this weekend, the guys I go with have been catchin 5-10 on every trip, we got some creeks up here that have been holding quite a few fish, and they are warmer than the lakes too.. i cant wait to get that first bite of the season!