Anyone need to borrow camping items for gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Apr 12, 2008.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I have several tents and stoves if a member needs to borrow them for the gathering.:big_smile: Let me knowSIZE]:wink:

2. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hey Robb,
    I might take you up on that. I have one, but the less stuff I have to cram in my Suburu, the better. Is it a one or two burner?
    Linz:wink:

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sure thing Linzter....... All my stoves are 2 burner. Let me know. You will need to pick up a couple cannisters of propane for it if you want to use it.:wink:

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Robb. while digging around on my boat this morning I found a spool for that Penn 500.
    Now you just need a set of drag washers, although the ones in it are probably still good.
    Bring some reel lube and the line you want on it with you ( I wouldn't use heavier than 40#) and we'll get it ready to fish.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Man Tom, I was just on the internet a few days ago, was e mailing back and fourth with a sales guy at: http://www.scottsbt.com/pennparts/alantani500rebuild.htm
    He was telling me I will need a sleve too ? I don't knw... Anyway, is there any brand of lube? Is it greese or oil? I appreciate it. Sounds like a good durable strong reel that will last after me:big_smile:

6. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California

Oh man....your not gonna supply the propane!:smile2: You got it buddy. I appreciate it. With the little extra space I think I'm gonna bring my float tube!:roll_eyes:
    Linz:wink:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

I'm not from cali, but this is about the nicest thing i've read today. The shape the world is in, it's nice to know it hasn't all went to the dawgs.

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Robb I don't know what kind of sleeve he could be talking about. This spool may well have come out of that reel.
    I don't think you need anything else other than the line you want to put on it.
    Penn reel lube is a light weight grease that stays on the gears well.
    Any quality reel lube will work.
    There have probably been more fish caught on Penn Jigmaster 500 reels than any other reel made.
    They have been a standard on rental rods for the charter boats and open party boats for 50 years. not to mention that it has been the starter reel for most salt water fishermen for at least that long.