Anyone need a boat seat for the gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by repoman3809, Dec 5, 2008.

1. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Well guys my regular fishing partner is out for the gathering....so I got an open spot on the boat if anyone is interested. You'd be on a 20ft open bow runabout, with an enclosed tent and propane heater. I have a 7 pole holder, set up for drifting, held by the back 2 cleats. A trolling motor mounted to the outdrive(but easily removed) so drift steering can be done from inside the tent. The back of the tent is clear so all poles can be seen, while staying warm having a cold beverage. Have plenty of frozen shad and will be buying some skips from catcrazed in the morning. Only downfalls, my Lowrance LMS350 is out so we'd stuck using a $120 hummingbird and you would have to deal with a smoker. Other than that, all is good and I'm pretty easy to get along with. If I dont find someone, I will probably pass on the gathering though. I cant see fishing alone at this time of the year. It's always nice to have a second hand on board, but almost a must in these cold temps. Im in Bellevue, Ky(Newport/Covington area), if interested shoot me a PM or simply rely to the thread.

2. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    if it was next weekend and not this weekend, i'd need a seat something fierce. But unfortunately, i'm still stuck at Ft Jackson SC until the 12th when i graduate recruiter school. Good luck to you. Maybe you'll need somebody next time around and I'll keep you company since my boat isn't riverworthy (9ft inflatable great for ponds,:smile2:)

3. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Most definitely....I love the cold water blue fishing, but obviously its hard to get others to feel the same way. Really you have to be a diehard, I'm gonna have to find that person if I want to fish the winter blues. I've tried alone, it's just too hard. Got one one the line, winds blowing the boat towards the shore, lines tangling, trying to find the net, etc.....need a second hand!

4. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    like i said, i get back to town next weekend. If you need a partner (and obviously you wouldn't mind me being a smoker) and can't find one, then just shoot me a message. I'm always up for some fishing as long as the water's still wet.

5. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Alright I guess Im gonna shut the option down, wanted to know something by 7:00-7:30 so I could get the boat hooked up and ready to roll. Really sucks....during the summer I got to turn buddies down cause theirs just not enough room on the boat. Winter, I cant get those same guys off the couch and out on the water. I mean dont get me wrong....I love football. But come on, how many Saturday's/Sunday's full of football does it take before your sick of it.....and all us Bengals fans have no reason to stay home on a Sunday. Boats due have radios and someone did invent this thing called TiVO

6. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    .... wish I would have come across this sooner, I'm always up for fishing no matter what the weather, the way I see it the worse the weather the less people, and the more fishing for me. I just can't wait till the ice is nice and thick on a few of these ponds since my buddy called it quits for the rest of the season.