Anyone like me still snagg the golf course hole below 54 bridge on the Osage?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have snagged there for years. Will some one who snaggs there keep this thread posted with the river levels and general size of the spoonbill. I am gona be gone out of state till April 4 -- come the 5, I dont care how nasty the weather is I am goen snaggen.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    We usually hit that hole and a couple others in that area a few times each year. I will let you know how it goes. Last year was weird with all of that water. None of us even hit a spoonbill and usually we can go up there and hit a few holes and be limited out in a few hours. Usually the water is off and not going nuts like last year so I'm sure the fish were holding in different areas.

3. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri
    Limited out every trip in that exact spot last year. Will be there before dawn on Sunday.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I've got some overtime built up so I'm going to try and take a day off next week and head to Bagnell to snag. I will let you guys know how we fair.

5. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Snow, rain, come hell or high water. What ever happens come opening day I am going to be out either below warsaw or below and above osceola someplace. Since surgury I have been working for this day to come. Nothing is going to stop me from going:smile2:

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    We hit Bagnell Wednesday. My buddy and I got two near the golf course and I got my second one up near the bridge. There were 5 fish pulled from the bridge area, four by bank snaggers, between 3-4pm. One guy hauled in one in the 40lbs range on the bank. My first one was around 35 and our other two were 15-20 lbs.

We might head back up Saturday or fish down river at Wardsville or MariOsa. I'll let you know how we do.

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like the fish havent started running good yet. I hope the river gets up good a few times and brings the bigger ones up.

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Several boats are snagging tomorrow. One is heading to wardsville and three of us are putting in at MariOsa and fishing from the lock and dam down to the Missouri River until we find some fish. I will let you know things go for us.

9. benwebber

benwebber New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey if anyone ever has room for another i would love an invite. Did some snaggin last year from the bank around bagnell but would love to try up around warsaw but don't have boat access.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Guys got one at Wardsville, one boat limited out at MariOsa around daylight, and then my boat hooked one, but didn't land it. Pretty slow except for right at daylight. I'm heading back down to the James River Friday night and snagging all night long. I'll post a report when I get back.