Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING: "Graphic" photos of fish innards ahead.

I've tried looking up everything and haven't found anything on these things. I had just gotten done cleaning the catfish after catching it off the rocks of the Mississippi when I happened upon these. There wasn't anything in the belly meat so I'm keeping it, but I was just curious as to what these are. This was the only catfish that I've seen them in, which is why I'm asking about it.
Any tips or guesses?

(And sorry if I posted in the wrong area, I suck at using technology.)

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,455 Posts
I'm not sure but they look like a parasitic worm found in southern water bream and bass. My grandfather took some to MS State for inspection once. They were embodied in the meat. State said they would not hurt anything if the fish was cooked thoroughly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure but they look like a parasitic worm found in southern water bream and bass. My grandfather took some to MS State for inspection once. They were embodied in the meat. State said they would not hurt anything if the fish was cooked thoroughly.
Alright, thanks. The thing is, I searched the meat pretty thoroughly and didn't find anything. I would've kept it anyways because I'm not squeamish about that kind of stuff, but it would still be nice to know what they are. XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts