anyone know of some good public hunting land?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by fishassasin, Oct 4, 2009.

1. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    im not trying to take your spot just looking for an area that i could possibly check out this coming weekend and do a lil scouting for gun season for deer... anyone know of anywhere in the hoosier national forest would be of interest in checking out. me and my boy will be the only ones going out. like for him to get into a lil hunting so in the future hell want to go as much as i do lol. any info will be much appreciated.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    some killer revines just outside of story indiana. dont know where you would park though. i had a buddy that lived next to there.

3. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You could check out perrycounty we got more goverment land than any county in the state. Down hwy70 toward Derby is loaded with governorment ground. Also at one of the lakes Saddle, Tipsaw, Celina. During deer season i think we got more out of town Indy,Evansville guys here then us sometimes. If you decide to come this way let me know i could point you in a direction, I don't hunt goverment at all but i know of a lot of places you could go.

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well ill be getting out this weekend to take a drive and look around. if your available maybe you could show me a few spots on my gas.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    lots of big deer killed in the thickets up there at bluegrass..

6. JustinM

JustinM New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I second that. Only down fall are all the people. I've hunted there a few times and there are wayyy to many people. Last year two guys got in a fight at the check in station on bluegrass pit. It was over who actually shot the deer. Couple days later a guy who looked like he just stepped out of a magazine was talking about how he heard something but couldn't see it and shot at the noise hoping to hit a deer.

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    thats why i would rather hunt the big woods

8. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Lots of ground around Martin County

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey earl ill just come up and hunt your backyard.

10. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Ok with me, you may have to fight Vickey though. :angry: Dave, I can show you some good ground up here. :big_smile:

11. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well if things work out to my plans ill be hunting some private ground up in the hoosier NF with a buddy of mine. if not ill give ya ring.. although since i got this other phone i dont have your number anymore. gonna have to call me so i have it again. oh how was missouri fishing you like it and did you catch any bigguns ... im still wanting to get up that way and do some fishing in your neck of the woods. between hunting and work i havent been able to do much fishing ... only been 3 times i think in the last couple of weeks. only 3 times in a boat in the last 2 months i think.