Anyone know of gas witout ethanol in Anderson

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Redneck in a Skiboat, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm having a heck of time with my 15 hp Johnson. I rebuilt the carbs and replaced the fuel lines under the cover about three months ago. I been fishing from the bank the last couple of weeks. It has only sit since the first of July. I went out in the boat tonight and the ball would not pump up because gas was spewing out at the connector at the motor. The seal was ate up. I did idle out to fish one spot close to the ramp, but it would barely run. Ethanol Sucks!

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wouldnt think their would be a one without ethanol.. Your pretty much only chance would be to hit a little country road set of pumps..:embarassed::wink:

3. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Opps, Only one carb on that little 15hp. The 70 Hp has three that I just rebuilt also. So far the IO Aphla 1 Mercruise hasn't had any problems with the fuel. It has a 4.3 Chevy. It would probably run corn mash and not even have a hangover.

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i finally found a station around woodruff that carries non ethonol gas,keep looking there has to be one in anderson,until then add some stabil to it.good luck mark

5. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Mark someone told me Sportsman friend in Iva has it. Do you know if that's true?

6. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    not sure thomas,been a while since i was over there.im sure theres a station close by in anderson.i started investigating and started finding more and more stations around me with non ethonol gas.there are four within 12 miles of me.just keep a eye out.and good luck brother mark

7. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    I went to Lee's and got the fuel line end this morning. Mine must have been an after market part, because the OMC part looked much better. Randy sold me the OMC fuel conditioner. Its mixes 1oz. to 4 gallons of fuel for normal operation and 2oz. to 4 gallons for storage. Since I don't use much gas anyway I can stand the $6.95 bottle every so often. I can fish 2 or 3 times on 4 gallons of Gas in that boat.

8. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I dont know of any in Anderson, but Masters Grcery on hwy 178 between Pickens and Hwy 11 has non ethanol gas. I am working with the anderson county scdot office right now, I will ask some of those guys first of the week if they may know somewhere. If they know of any I will surely pass the word to you!

Steve

9. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks Steve,
    I know one of the guys that works there at the DOT. John A. I don't go up to Pickens often, but if I'm headed that way I'll take my tanks with me. Do you ever fish City Lake there? I was mainly fish for Bream in the small Lakes. I've never been there. I like those bream that are as big as pie tins and make the line sing.

10. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I just use the MARINE Sta-bil as it is formulated to offset ethanol.

11. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Try the CitGo stations. The one near my house has non ethanol.

12. SCcatman

SCcatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I echo the man who uses Marine Stabil w/Ethanol treatment. I Have been using it awhile with no known issues.