Anyone know of any deals on rods n reels?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looking to upgrade my arsenal before spring. Want to switch from spinning to some baitcasters..Anyone know of any good sales on some combo rigs or even seperate if cheap enough? Nothing huge like some of the proffessionals around here are into,but like the Tidewater reels from walmart? Something somewhat inexpensive but decent enough for a wanna be catfishing hoosier? Just thought I would ask.

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Bass pro has bill dance catfish collection river combos that are great i love them..

3. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    +1 on the original question. I am looking at Cabelas though, my boss gave me a gift card for Christmas :)

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I seen a zebco rhino that is the same reel as the bill dance except it is zebco instead of quantum...There made by the same company so there just a different lable...Great strong reels!!!!!LOUD cilcker!!!

<<EDIT>> I seen the rhino at cabelas...or maybe a ming yang 60 or 70 class reel and a 8ft. heavy action cabelas wuppin stick...they dont have ming yangs at cabelas though..

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  5. 21fishing

21fishing New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sir, how can i get skipjacks here in Arlington TX. Can you ship.

Allen Bell
    Arlington TX,76016

6. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    I couldn't see the 8ft Whuppin Stick on the website. Did you see it in the store?

7. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Ah, I have found it; 29.99 - and my gift card is for 30.00 :) Thanks

8. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok..After hours of research..I think the best value for money is the TWC rod..I am going to get 2 of these.$65 bucks a piece for a very high quality rod seems fair to me..All the reviews on the Bill Dance and whuppin stick didn't impress me.
    Where can I find the ming yang reels at? Are these a pretty good reel? Which one should I go with?

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    If you want a very inexpensive brute of a rod and save $80 on what your about to buy, you need to check out the shakespear sturdy stiks. Alot of my flathead buddies use these on monster fish and have not had one problem to date.... I would consider it being that they are only $20 a peice and would give you an extra $80 to spend on a bad a$$ reel......just my 2 cents on the bargain thing. PM me with any ?'s

10. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    Richard, I believe Ming Yangs are sold exclusively via the internet. However, there's a "buy it now" dude on Ebay who beats Ming Yang's authorized internet dealer by a coupla bucks per reel. And shipping is only $6 per. Read nuthin but good reviews on those reels.

11. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    If you want a good rod a nd reel combo, go shakespeare Tiger rod, Heavy action (30-60lb line rated), with a shakespeare arsenal reel, great setup, and both are great products.

Chad

12. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri

I think you misread his signature as being a true advertisement..lol..Sorry to laugh. But it is funny! :)

13. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I was wondering where the skipjack thing came from. LOL

14. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    6.5 for boat fishing, 7ft for bank, Sturdy Stick $19 Abu 6000 $59 total $78.Cheapest most reliable setup around NO Doubt.

15. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Why 6.5 for boat and 7 for bank? Just curious..I am usually doing both thats why I ask..Thanks for all the helpful posts..I am having one heck of a time finding those sturdy sticks on the net though!!

16. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have been reading this thread and did a little research on the ming yang reels so I ordered the 70 model. Eager to get it and try it out after the ice melts.

17. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Found the sturdy stik on catfish connection's website for $19...But thier abu 6000 isn't $59..They are wanting $79 for that..I will keep searching..

18. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys have got me interested in these Ming reels. I think I'm gonna buy one off ebay.

19. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dunn's Sporting Goods has abu 6000's for 45.00 right now! I am grabbing 2! Then I will search Cabelas tomorrow for the sturdy stiks..

20. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I bought a Ming Yang model c70 this morning. Should be here in a few days, I'll give you guys a report on it. From what I've read on the internet they are well worth the money.