Anyone know of a place with a river cam you can check before a trip?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kitsinni, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wondering if there are any river cams that you can check and see how the river looks before heading out. I do check the advanced hydroligic predictions. I know there are highway cams all around now for traffic but what about for the river?

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Niko sure would be a great idea having one but I am not aware of any in the area.

4. robjmiller

robjmiller New Member

State:
    Irondale ohio
  5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

You don't live that far like some of us :smile2:, so just scout it real quick before putting in, or use my handy river cam, T Bull...:smile2:, he usually is running around for work and crosses the river once or twice and can tell me how it looked from what he saw

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea I am not far. The thing is when I decide to go after work I have like 4 hours total and have to rush as soon as I get out of work.

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I was just giving ya a hard way to go man, since I have to drive an hour and a half every time i go to the Big O :wink:

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't worry living 15 minutes from the river is the only advantage to living in this city.

9. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

I would go along with that one bro :smile2::roll_eyes:

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I agree w/ Cathunter, a cam would be cool if it was around Schmidt Ramp so I could see how much wood was in the water... I also live near Curtis ( New Lebanon) and the 1.5 hr drive gets a little old when your hoping for the best and show up for the worst....

Salmonid

11. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    On a typical week I get on the river 3 or so times. I'm always happy to let you know what the river looked like last time I was out. I don't typically fish Schmidt. I don't like to pay to launch and there is way too much pleasure boater traffic for me. I usually launch from tanners but the conditions are probably similar. Every time I fish schmidt I waste half the day dealing with wake then end up running passed riverbend just to get away from people.

12. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Schmidt seems to be better during the week and at night. Have to deal with the pleasure boaters til they get off. Tanners is a good area, but I noticed that even when the river is down sometimes there is more Trash because of the Power Plants and them moving barges....one day the river was down i was dodging Huge Logs because that had been moving them.

13. BigRoo

BigRoo New Member

State:
    Poca,West Virginia
    Hey Niko
    You may want to try getting on the Army Corps of Engineers web site or the USGS web site for Ohio river water levels and conditions they have constant updated information for water levels at every lock on the Ohio you just have to pick the district you are fishing . There is a wealth of information on both of these sites. You might be able to call the lockmaster directly for the pool you are going to fish. I don't know if this is possible but it is worth a try. I used Google to find some Ohio river webcams but could only find a few with poor details. Phil

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Are you serious Niko???? Drive 4 miles and take a look...LMAO:smile2: