anyone know if there are channel catfish in either Irongate or copco

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by supertodd, May 24, 2009.

1. supertodd

supertodd New Member

State:
    ORegon
    anyone know if there are channels in either Irongate or copco in Northern Ca.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Where are you talking about ...... I would imagine that there should be cats in most any body of water.....:wink:..... maybe squaw fish at least

And by the way... Welcome to the BOC...... for LA on the Beach...

Bayrunner Ray

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Don't know about that Ray, I inquired about catfish in Crowley lake and was told they were not in there.
    Remember that there were no catfish in California waters before they were introduced.
    The information I can find says there are brown Bullheads in Irongate but no catfish.

4. supertodd

supertodd New Member

State:
    ORegon
    I was just looking for the closest place to catch channels, I live in southern Oregon and we have no channel cats at all, unless you want to drive 8 hours to NE oregon. both Copco and Irongate on the klamath river are just over the border, so I thought maybe someone could help me out with info on those lakes. Thx.

I get tired of catching salmon and steelhead and would like to relive my childhood of catching catfish

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    well... I never got tired of the Rouge River salmon... like the two trips to Gold Beach, and the lower river water..... might have seen 100 boats out there one Sunday... 5 years back..... Say, I'd sure try for the smallies on the Umpqua river... was a blast one August on the same trip...

Bayrunner Ray

6. supertodd

supertodd New Member

State:
    ORegon
    I have caught 7 so far this year. I fish the middle Rogue near the town of Rogue River, I have a spot that I have been fishing since 93. The runs have been really low since 02