Anyone know how to fix a laser range finder?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BassCat, Aug 23, 2007.

1. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    I got a bushnell range finder 400 series, Everything on it works as far as the display, but when you click button it doesnt display the yardage anymore.

anyone got any ideas?
    thanks,
    Mike

2. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    I have one and mine did that. I think I changed batteries and cleaned the contacts. Might be something else. Try it on a solid object like a picket fence. Mine want work on fuzzy things like trees that are 400 yds away anymore.

3. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Mine worked fine, and then bam, wouldnt work anymore, i'll try cleaning the contacts. anyone else have any ideas?
    thanks,
    Mike

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Anything with an IC, power it down by pulling the batts, then power it back up with power you know is correct. (Reset) After that I hope it's under warranty. Luck.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Put it to rest and get the leupold. There's a guy on ebay selling them "new in the box" for 204.00 for the black ones and 214.00 for the camo ones. I got one and the box was still in the factory plastic wrapper. It works perfect. Oh yea, it's the RX II model. There are so many new options on the new ones, it doesn't really pay to have an old one repaired. It's kinda like the new TVs or cars!

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    My Bushnell is doing the same thing. :angry:

7. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    I had a bushnel do the same thing, I set it on the fence post walked off fourty yards and shot it with a 160 grain 7mm mag. I then told my self thats what I get for not buying a leupold.:angry:

8. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    It sounds to me like the Bushnell's have some serious problems.

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not really, my buddies had his for about 6 or 7 years and hasn't had any problems

10. bullet

bullet New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have about decided if you can get it at walmart plan on replacing it pretty soon down the road