Anyone know how the Great Miami River around Cincinnati looks?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kitsinni, Jun 5, 2008.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was thinking of trying to fish the GMR this weekend if it is possible. I know with the weather we have had the river will probably be crazy. Has anyone seen the GMR around Cincinati? I would like to fish the area between the Whitewater river and the Ohio. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio

3. SVTFisherman

SVTFisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio - West Chester
    I went out the other day up near Hamilton.. it was the night before the storms came.. and the water was already a little too fast... and the cats were not very active. In fact I only caught two 8-9lb channels, which were good fights, but nothing compared to the 6-10 fish I had been catching the previous few days.

My guess is that it'll take a week for it to calm down... Cut shad and freshly dead (don't ask) creek chubs have been working really well. I broke my 30lb line on something big the other day... I really didn't want it to go into the log pile and it cut brand new line...

4. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    8-9 isn't too bad for a channel! I wonder what the big one was. I get a little worried about getting to far in to those log jams myself, but that is where the fishes seem to like to hang out.

5. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    with the warm air and the rising water try some backwater areas, you will do just fine, fish right where the main river meets the flooded area, wont take long to find a spot stacked up with cats..

6. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The Great Miami has been pretty high the last week but driving home this morning it looks like its dropped about 2 feet since yesterday morning down in the Ross,New Baltimore area.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    great miami is up but fish able forget my camera caught 3 channels largest around 2lb not bad for messing around for a hour and a half rick

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went to a spot last week to try this, there wasn't even a possible way to get to my spot. :embarassed: Oh well this weekend going to try again. Thanks for all the answers.