Anyone know good fishing in southern california, irvine lake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by kastmaster, Aug 14, 2007.

1. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    can seem to catch any catfish out here. Oh yah my pole was moving so i figured the fish was nibbling at my pole. usually when this happens i pull up to hook the fish but never have caught a catfish so i don't know what to do. THe cats aren't very big though couple pounds. can anyone send me pics of hooks and set ups i can use. theres weeds also and i fish from shore.

2. paintball king

paintball king New Member

State:
    california
    i know a person that might tell u were to go he is my dad his name is tigger_tat_55 he might know a good place to get some catfish

3. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    kastmaster,

where are you?? once I know where you are, I might be able to help. just need the genral area.

4. abne

abne New Member

State:
    Hesperia California
    Where do you live. There are lots of places to fish in California. Let me know and mabe I can help:big_smile:.

abne / Bill

5. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    i live in los angeles county, i fish irvine lake, and castaic sometimes

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Tyler, a lot of the farm raised catfish that we get here in California can be real slow in taking the bait. If you see them nibbling on your line watch closely but don't try to set the hook right away, if you do you will just pull the bait and hook right out of the fishes mouth. Instead wait for the fish "load up" on your bait. When you see your pull bending heavily than it is time to set the hook. I like to use Kahle or Octopus hooks, size 4. I like to use caroling rig while fishing. I hope some of this info helps you out.

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tyler, I fished Irvine last week. I caught a three pound channel; my buddy caught three. We fished trout Island. right by the west ramp and wooden fence. I was using Dumongs mackeral. I was flylinnig the bait. The trick is to leave the bail opend let it run for a few seconds. I put a little bell and as soon as you get hit youl know. I was also using a kattbober. I adjudted it to fish three feet from the bottom. I also use a night glow stick wich I attach to the katt boober. Hope this helps.

Jaime

8. catfishruss

catfishruss New Member

State:
    California
    hey man i suggest going to www.sdfish.com Lots of the best fisherman in socal are there and willing to help.

9. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    thanks bros will take the advice

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Try tis site. http://www.fishersnet.com/ look at the bottom fro what area in Cali to fish. Hope this helps.