Anyone know anything about these battery chargers.

Discussion in 'Boating' started by FREESPOOL, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    No, but it looks like a good investment if it works right.

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    My Dual PRO chargers use technology like this. it works great for adding power to aux batteries while on the water. Just not 100% on Bass Pro brand electronics of any type. Dual Pro sales a stand alone unit that does the same thing. :big_smile:
    Hope this helped.
    David

3. GoCatGo

GoCatGo New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I don't know a whole lot about that item, but wouldn't you have to run your outboard a whole lot to charge your trolling motor battery after it has to charge your cranking battery???:confused2:

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I have no idea. But there are times when I'm running the motor for quite a while. I wonder how long it takes the motor to charge a battery?

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Do you have any bad experiences with bass pro electronics?

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    When the sales staff turns you away from the stores own brand I would beware. Here is a thread with the info I am talking about. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67022&highlight=battery+charger
    Mine was the second post in the thread. Since that post I have a good friend that is on his third Bass Pro charger. He bought it because of price and told me it had a warranty if he had problems. Good thing because he has needed it.:big_smile:

Also read down to post #8 for more info on Bass Pro electronics.

Thanks
    David

7. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i went thru 5 cabelas pro mariner 3 bank chargers before just recently paying a lil more and got a minn kota 3 bank.all 5 went out within the 1st 6-8 months of purchace and they cooked and bubbled 2 of my batteries which were under warranty also.so i never really lost any money out of the deal,but just the hassle:angry:

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i dont know how much that would charge your trolling batt. i had a bp charger went out 3 months later they did give me my money back, but i bought min kota charger two bank just for the trolling batts. havent had any trouble. not saying that the bp chargers all bad or junk, but after loseing one of my batt. and all the work i put in to mounting all this in a small place. the cheap price didnt work for me.

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    When i fire up and take off I can watch my batteries on a selectable gauge I have installed on my dash. Usually my motor fires in just a few crank, seconds. That doesn't use up much battery power. i can watch the charger switch the power over tot eh aux batteries in just a few minutes after i get going. I think dual pro claimed about 30% average more
    run time on your trolling motor with this setup. I know I have seen a big difference, especially if I move several times during the night. Which I usually do move if the bit is not happening.
    Just my two pennies worth again.:big_smile:
    Thanks
    David