Anyone know any good fishing spots in Modesto?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by Langerock, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Langerock

Langerock New Member

State:
    Modesto, CA
    I have tryed dry creek and the tulomne river, plus ripon river a few times.

I've only caught a catfish at ripon river though.

2. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    When the water warms up a touch there are some good spots on dry creek.The Tou has a couple of spots that yield nice fish but,quite a few snags.

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Mike, I dont know much about the modesto area! Like Tracy, where I live, Modesto is at the southeast end of the delta! There is about a thousand miles of delta north and west of you! When the weather warms a bit and we dry out, I expect the fishing will get much better. I will be glad to show you a few spots, between Tracy, Stockton and Sacramento, that I grew up fishing at (close to 50 years)! Just shoot me a pm! Oh yeah, welcome to the B.O.C.! It is the best fishing site on the internet, but you probably already know that by now!:)

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Mike do you know where fox grove is? if you dont just go out hatch road till it ends into geer and go to your left and make the first right hand turn into fox grove i go for bass cats and panfish there when i dont feel like going to one of the lakes.

5. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Hey Mutt.Ive had good luck at Foxgrove with bass and panfish but just cant seem to find the kitties.Where are ya finding those suckers at?

6. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I put my tracker in and I go up river there is a big wide area about 25 feet deep first time fishing there wife got a 5 pound cat and I got a 3 pounder on fresh chicken liver. and some are getting them if you walk up the bank towards the gravel pit area from fishing off the bank there. I have caught a few nice largemouth in there too in fact I want to go back soon next time we go ill post and if you want to go hopnbrly let me know i got room on the tracker.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC Mike! Stick around and you'll be catching double digits soon;) I fish the fresno, mendota, fireball area. I also fish the Delta a lot as well. Hope to wet a line with ya.

8. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    I appreciate the offer Mutt.And will definately take you up on it.I always love finding new fishing holes.

9. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Mike,forgive my bad manners in not welcoming to the board sooner.

10. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    well just drove into fox grove a bit ago looks like it will be a while before any fishing there the water is almost at the top of the boat ramp and its moving fast and super muddy i was also noticing the rock plant has thier heavy equipment up on high ground too as the quarry is a lake right now. man i wish this rain would stop i am sick of it.

11. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    You aint joking about the water level of the Toulumne Merle,I live about a half a mile from the river and it is on the verge of overflowing.All this rain needs to stop!

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I was coming back into Turlock early this morning Loyd and you should see the river at the bridge there in patterson there on LasPalmas/west main man its up high. gonna be a bad year I feel when that snow starts to melt I see a repeat of 95/96 going on.

13. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I forgot to add to this they wee saying the water level through Modesto on it is at 53 feet I would believe it its high.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You guys not that far from me. We been having some flooding here as well. millerton lake is pumping out water as fast as those pump. Yep, I hear on and off again rain till tues next week:crying: I was tempted to hit up that gathering of Dale, but afraid of this weather getting there. California is getting a soaking. Specially up where yall's at:sad:

15. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    we cant tolerate anymore rain so tired of it. heck I dont even know what the wifes new pickup looks like dry yet no joke its rained since we bought it lol. needs a bath bad allready and it was bought monday hehe

16. Langerock

Langerock New Member

State:
    Modesto, CA
    Thanks alot, anyone ever try ripon river?
    I caught a small catfish there earlier.

17. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ive fished the stanislaus many times but not through ripon. its very rare for me to bank fish. not a whole lot in it through ripon cept small cats ad some carp now and then never even caught a panfish of any kind there. go up into oakdale area and above it is a lot better water is a lot cleaner too.

18. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I flew over the Sierra Nevada's yesterday and let me tell you guys, it looked like the Antarctic up there the snow is covering ALL the mountains get ready for some substantial water once that stuff starts melting.

Our Dam up here Millerton lake is already overflowing over the top of the dam, not sure how this is going to get delt with????????

19. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    pretty amazing how much snow we have this year aint it. not going to be a good year up my way when it starts melting thats for sure.

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    We need another resevoir down here;) Hold some of this water for us nothern folks:) A lot of this flood water is gonna go right back to the ocean:confused:
    The fishing will change a bit with all the water. I am a kid in a candy store at the slough:) The fishing is gonna be HOT!!!!!