Anyone Know about fishing Shanty Hollow Lake??

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by slowjamcdub, Oct 25, 2008.

1. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :crazy: Hey my Friends from KY!!!! I was wantin to know if anyone has fished shanty hollow lake in bowling green!?!?!? I hear the cats are huge and so are the bass! I have tried looking over the internet and cant really find out much about the lake..? Come on guys give us the low down and the hotspots on the lake and any pics you have or storys would be great!!

Thanks!:tounge_out:

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the BOC chris. I dont know that area at all but I know a few guys on here from around that way. They might know

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Chris,
    Welcome to the Boc/SOC from So.Alabama

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Chris
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC!!
    I live on the East end of the state and don't know nothing of the lake.. Don't remember reading anything of it on hear either. Maybe some one will from that area will chime in about it. If not you may have to give it a try some time and bring us back a report.

6. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    I used to live just down the road from Shanty Hollow. Fished it quite a few times and I always did pretty good on channel cats in the 2-4 pound range. It's stocked by Game and Fish and there are quite a few cats in it but I've never heard of any big ones being caught. It's pretty heavily fished, and your best bet is fishing from a boat. Watch the ramp though it's not in very good shape.